Canadian school choice

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2012
Lost Boys Studios - School of VFX" located in Vancouver

Hey, my name is Freddy Butt, and I've also been researching Canadian Schools for a career in Film and Visual Effects. I graduated from Digital Animation, a 2 year Diploma program back in 2006. With prior design experience, I was looking for a school with a shorter but more intensive program.

One school that seems like a not-so-well-known diamond in the rough is:
"Lost Boys Studios - School of VFX" located in Vancouver.
96% Job Placement Rate
A 10-Month course which includes an 8 week practicum in a local studio.
27,900.00 CDN for Canadian Students.
29,900.00 CDN for International Students.

There are so many schools to choose from, this seems like the hardest decision I had to make in my life. If anybody else has any opinion on this school. Please feel free to chime in. Seems like a great curriculum to me, they seem to concentrate on the much sought-after Maya-Nuke workflow. Hope I didn't ramble too much on my 1st post. hehe.

Sincerely,
Freddy

10 October 2012
I've done my research on Canadian VFX programs, and if you're looking for a high quality intense program, and money isn't an issue, in my opinion you have 3 options:

- Vancouver Film School
- Lost Boys Studios
- Think Tank Training Center

10 October 2012
Vancouver Film School is pretty good, and has a lot of experience. I'm not sure about the rest of the schools. I also heard Think Tank is pretty good. It also depends on how much money are you willing to spend. If I was going to study again, I would first get a membership to digitaltutors.com, learn for a year with JUST THAT. Then, based on what I find I like the most, apply to a school that could refine what I already know. Many of the people that come out of these schools already knew some before getting in. They go to refine, and that is why they can take the full advantage of the courses.

- My Gallery -
www.artzolio.org

10 October 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread