Dominance War IV - Minichallenge #2 - 2D

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

05 May 2009
Wink

here one first draw

05 May 2009
rock the boat, dont rock the boat

now we're rockin'! Still, we are 3 page behind that of the gameartisans, we need more human powa! get your cousin and cousin's cousin to join in too!

you can also check the main Dominance War IV here; to look at other forum's progress, and they are too, beating us to pieces, keep rollin' everyone! 6 more days to go til our destination, the trophy island!

alright, heres what i got so far,

05 May 2009
DeadInTheAttic - thanks. Nice progress but be careful not to shade around the edges of things, it tends to flat out the result. Love the bloodstains!

black-kylin - Yours is a winner for sure

PuiArt - I like that creature - looks delicate yet evil at the same time. Very nice.

Ferx - thanks, yep, all ArtRage (except the most of the frame and text)

Nikolay - I want one! (minus the teeth)

tokaru - Looks like griffin, neat start! (I like griffins, they're my favourite beast)

yakonusuke - Nice work, looks like it could be a real creature!

EDIT: Nope, link doesn't work yet...

05 May 2009
Wink

well work a little this day

05 May 2009
PuiArt: Cool stuff, but can't figure out the exact shape of the pet.

DeadInTheAttic: I think you should point that 2-face-thing better out. Now it seems like one
kinda weird face. The mask is also too plain. Try a bit more on that part.

black-kylin: Nice !

Nikolay: Hehehe, funny and cute!

Baron: Good work ! But the body is a bit too doglike, imho

My stuff... a bit too clean and boring design I think..:

05 May 2009
OMG the crazy asians(forum) are at it again! we are all gonna die of such horrible death in this competition once more.

on the chinese forum, here, there is a singing beetle that is gonna sing the enemies to death, and ruijie's wicket pet with the giant fish skeleton is awsome!

check the cgland too, here, there is a adorable farfetch(pokemon, i think its pokemon inspired as there is a pokeball necklace) thats gonna shine us to death too.

man... i thought this wanna gonna be a easy going small little tiny contest...whats going on!

cgtalk.ru and cghub's pages arent showing up, but they ARE participanting and cghub's 2D thread is here. cgtalk.ru's 2D mini 2 thread is here; their page setup is per entry per thread like the main challenge, like DeadInTheAttic mentioned, its so much easier to look through stuffs on one single wip thread like this setup o.O

if anyone spots any crazy competitors, and if possible, break their fingers before they get too awesome on the concept! nvm, scartch that idea... awesome artists dont even need hands to paint... if needed be they can use their mouth to hold the utensil, and worse comes to worse, they would just develop telekenetic power... bad bad idea, scatch the break finger part.
-----------------------------------cgtalk.ru digging-----------
just found this halerious thing paintover by PELENG(i think) on http://www.cgtalk.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=24078, its too wicked awesome not too share,

Last edited by PuiArt : 05 May 2009 at 10:34 PM.

05 May 2009
Before going

to sleep, I try to pick up the idea of Yakonusuke according the face.
Attached some other possibilities, which I might elaborate.
Initially I wanted to keep the face as white as possible, therefor I prefer the first solution of just increasing the contrast from on side to the other or the last one of a seam between both sides.

And thanks for your comments so far, contrast, environmental colour and so on will be cared for later on. I also dislike to flat paintings

By the way, I don't think we are way behind the other communities. Actually look at the number of their participants and at their posts.
And there's still much time left ^^

Till tomorrow!

05 May 2009
Wink

one more draw

05 May 2009
The next one

Any C&C very welcome.

By the way, for I like to have a music score for every illustration, just listen to those songs; somehow funny and I think, they fit most:
Knorkator - Wir werden alle sterben
Subway to Sally - Traum vom Tod II
System of a Down - Mr Jack
Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil (Guns 'n Roses Cover)

Last edited by DeadInTheAttic : 05 May 2009 at 02:34 PM. Reason: correction

05 May 2009
You all are doing a great work. keep it up
There goes my pet, named Logo. He is not only a pet, he is the counselor or adviser of the General.

05 May 2009
This is fun

Hello to everyone This is my first time participating in the Dominance War challenges. You guys are awesome. Here is my contribution.

05 May 2009
update
used a bit of leather texture on the boot

05 May 2009
Wink

hi another update

05 May 2009
Hello

well, i guess i am not the born 2D-Artists, who just set two brush-strokes and the picture looks already perfect. But i had a nice idea and i just want to give it a try.

My little sister has some rats, and one of these is the old, nasty boy called "Fish". He dislike other rats and he is very greedy and has a strong character. He also has lost one eye in a fight with some other rat. Because of this i like to call him "Captain" (like a pirate) or "General" and so i get this idea for this mini-challenge.

So, here comes "Big Boss Fish", the most intelligent and warproofed wingrat out there!

It's still WIP, i just hope i can do it until monday.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg GeneralFish.jpg (61.4 KB, 144 views)

They will come to get YOU! Rescue yourself into my [B-Movie]-entry!

05 May 2009
Cool progress and concepts by far All are making a great work !!

Hey Iban, cool turtle, like a lot the glass effect, really nice

Cheers!!

reply share thread