Dominance War IV - Minichallenge #2 - 3D

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 05 May 2009   #61
so here is a little update on my Hart Demon. I started with a cube... modeled the head. For the horn i used a 4x4 plane and extruded along curves. Then i did a simple body and hands, created a very simple skeleton to pose the caracter. I am pretty much done with the modeling part now it is off to ZBrush and start sculpting.

Old 05 May 2009   #62
WiP 3

Hi!

Still some days to go. Here another step. I will add some stuff and make more details, of course.

Old 05 May 2009   #63
Thank you Stutts ! ^^ Your entry is cool also, maybe you should add a sharp edge in the middle of the top beak.

There's also a lot of cool sculpt here, good job everyone !

Here i am, almost done, just hesitation on the view. Wich one do you prefer ?

Old 05 May 2009   #64
Originally Posted by Abrvpt:

Here i am, almost done, just hesitation on the view. Wich one do you prefer ?

The lower one. I prefer the perspective and think, the ears look better from that point of view. It looks more insidious, more "catlike"-mysterious. It's more royal lookin' (in an egyptian way of royal ).

Last edited by DeadInTheAttic : 05 May 2009 at 06:13 PM. Reason: correction

Old 05 May 2009   #65
Abrvpt- I would pick the second one as well

Old 05 May 2009   #66
Stutts WIP03

Here's my update (C&C welcome):

Old 05 May 2009   #67
Im not sure which ones of these i like. Still havn't had the chance to take it into zbrush yet.

which one do you think is better? note there will be arms lol.
left is attached to the pillar, right is attached to podium. There will be summit that will make it look like its attached

everyones is looking well good
Attached Images
File Type: jpg poses.jpg (56.5 KB, 214 views)

Last edited by jenbu : 05 May 2009 at 07:35 PM.

Old 05 May 2009   #68
jenbu... i like the first one better... looks a bit like he is balancing on that collum

Old 05 May 2009   #69
Since im gonna put my piggie on a plate.. heres a quick sculpt of the plate! Working on adding some fruit and stuff on it.

Old 05 May 2009   #70
that dish looks sweet .

I dont know about that first one, really need to figur out something to attach him to the pillar.

not long to go on all this...

Old 05 May 2009   #71
thanks!

I was playing with transpose for a bit, i dont have anything real final, but i managed to add the fruits and vedgies, made a little pork fork lol, and made him bite the apple. I gotta head out soon, so I dont think i'll be able to finish this till tomorrow.. Hope i dont get screwed!

Old 05 May 2009   #72
DW IV mini2 incorrect submission link!

hi guys, should you be done with your 3d entry and ready to submit, make sure you double check the submission link, this just happened in the Dominance War: IV Mini Challenge 2D thread as of May 29, 2009 7:00 pm CST

i check the first post submission link on this 3d thread, it also leads to cgtalk_3d submission, while this is partially true, our forum name participating in the DW is cgsociety, not cgtalk, cgtalk is refer to cgtalk.ru. so the submission link will direct your entry to cgtalk.ru, not cgsociety.

if my hypothesis is correct, the correct link to cgsociety 3d mini 2 submission is the following, don't use this link yet tho, we need a moderator to verify
http://www.gameartisans.org/contest...society_3d.html

like the 2d thread, i will attempt to pm this thread's moderator to get it fix asap, hope it works out =)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by PELENG
Hi everybody!

There is a problem with your submit link in the first post of this thread!

It is now - http://www.gameartisans.org/contest..._cgtalk_2d.html
This is incorrect link. CGTalk is russian team name on Dominance War and yours is CGSociety, isn't it?

I suspect that here is your submit page
http://www.gameartisans.org/contest...society_2d.html

BaronImpossible just uploaded his artwork to russian team page. I think he have to contact Fred about it. fredh@dominancewar.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by PuiArt : 05 May 2009 at 12:11 AM.

Old 05 May 2009   #73
shameless copy/paste...

---

Hi guys,

I fixed the links in the start post. I simply saw the CGTalk in the link and assumed those were ours, my bad.

If anybody made his submission already, please send me a PM with your information, and I'll pass this on to the DW organizers to make sure this gets fixed.

J

Old 05 May 2009   #74
hey guys... so here is the latest update on my Hart Demon. I started ZBrushing, sculpting and just some black n white shading... i think i might actually finish this on time

Old 05 May 2009   #75
Hi guys, here's my second update:

reply share thread