Dominance War IV - Minichallenge #2 - 3D

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 05 May 2009   #31
Wink

hi all the works looks great, maybe enter this pet competition

Old 05 May 2009   #32
This is my entry for this mini chalange...

It is a Dvergar Mole. Her master was a dwarf general and this beauty named Kilthal was his favorite. Dwarfs use this giant moles as pets, transportation and as workers. They are great for digging and navigating tunnels and they give a nasty bite. There are even documented cases of Dvergar Moles beeing able to bite a whole human leg off. Dvergar Moles are very proud and devoted animals, Kilthal gained her master's love by saving him from a collapsed tunnel. He wasnt so glad for surviving the accident as for not dying in his mothers backtunnel where he was fixing some pipes. It would be a great shame for a Dwarf General, not to die in a battle.

Old 05 May 2009   #33
I'm still sculpting the head, but today I also busted out some quick silhouette thumbnails to get a sense of what I'd like to do for the pedestal. I want something that has a nice directional flow to it and is aesthetic - a decorative statue that might look cool on a table or shelf.

I've decided to go with the ram's horn.

db

Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnails.jpg (70.5 KB, 267 views)

Old 05 May 2009   #34
Kilmoar The Quilboar!

Lol, so i had this sick idea, that a War General would own a boar / pig. But that behind this little piggie lies a LIE. The pet piggy is basically a fat filthy assassin...in disguise! A war general uses all tactics possible to defeat his enemy, even treason! SO, just like the trojan horse, He would give his piggy looking roasted, on a silver platter to his enemy as a treaty sign of truce...but as soon as dinner time would come..BLAM KILMOAR STRIKES AND ASSASSINATES THE MOFO RIGHT UNDER HIS NOSE! Lol. I hope thats ok as a entry? I'm basically gonna put him on a plate with some delights and stuff, an apple etc! Heres a screenie of a quick sculpt i just made with zspheres.

Old 05 May 2009   #35
Hey guys!! This sounds fun! So i'm going to give ir a try but this time I'm going to try less "dark" than my DWIV character

Cheers!!

Old 05 May 2009   #36
Ok so I decided to be less "dramatic" this time and I made a more friendly character, now this is just a quick sketch but it may give you an idea!

cheers!!

Old 05 May 2009   #37
Nice progress everyone. ^^

One silly question, can i do greyscale polypaint ? I plan to put the team logo on the ear, as a tattoo, i want to be sure if it's possible.

Old 05 May 2009   #38
DWIV MiniChallenge2 - Silkcats - SuperRat

I just made all the basic mesh and now I'm ready to start the Sculpting process!

Cheers!

Old 05 May 2009   #39
Nice start ^^ But i'm think you're showing too much of your pet, look at the rules...

Old 05 May 2009   #40
Every ones looks great, havent been able to put the time and effort into mine as i hoped, will post some later need to scan my drawings in heh,

SilkCats - i think thats a little bit too much body for the brief, it only needs to be 45% of the character

Old 05 May 2009   #41
Thanks for the advice Abrvpt but my intention is to use the 3D model as a start point and then continue in photoshop and make a 2D entry because in 2D is no limitation of body parts you can show plus you can make a full color image

Old 05 May 2009   #42
here is my render (low res):

I'll submit a high res version of this one.

And I have done a "making of" video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhfzqxbKqOk

with the hole sculpting I've made on this one.

I hope you like it!

Old 05 May 2009   #43
Stutts WIP01

Everyone's entries are looking good

so I guess I am jumping into this comp as well

Crit's and Comments are definitely welcome!

Old 05 May 2009   #44
Hi, everybody! Wanna join this challenge. This would be some kind of bird.

Old 05 May 2009   #45
gonna add eyes, maybe work on the plate soon. i wanna completely finish the basic modeling first before i get into little details like that first, heres the update.

reply share thread