Dominance War IV : General Discussion

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 02 February 2009   #16
Originally Posted by AlexaSharlOt: Hey, I want to know if I will not to take part of mini challenge, then I can take part of main challenge in March ???

you can enter the main challenge without doing the mini challenges.

Originally Posted by AlexaSharlOt: And in the main challenge, someone will chose from forum next finalist or we need to put finish work in www.dominancewar.com ???

you will submit your entries on the DMIV site yourself.

Old 02 February 2009   #17
DW 4 cheers!
Wait on February 20 to know a theme.

Last edited by PavelPetrenko : 03 March 2009 at 06:57 AM.

Old 02 February 2009   #18
hey guys. i was just at the dw site and according to the counter, it won;t start unitil the end of the 20th. midnight eastern between the 20th and the 21st. do you think it is wrong? or are they based in australia or something??

-L

Old 02 February 2009   #19
info about the 1st mini challenge is up...
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...?f=282&t=731580

...rules will be posted on the 20th.

Old 02 February 2009   #20
Wink Gettin' Ready

I'm doing some quicksketchs and getting loosened up for the big event...

Looking forward to seeing more awesome stuff from everyone.

Good luck and good work to everyone.

Old 02 February 2009   #21
mini challenges posted...

Mini Challenge #1 - War General Portraits 3D
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...?f=282&t=732414

Mini Challenge #1 - War General Portraits 2D

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...?f=282&t=732416

Old 02 February 2009   #22
Dominance war Here we go again

Well another year of DW finally starts, I've been waiting all day until the afternoon here in the UK to see the theme for the mini challenge.

Thanks to Heavyness for keeping us all informed

I didn't manage to post anything last year. Lets see if I can at least make one of the mini challenges this year.

Go CG Talk!

Old 02 February 2009   #23
So...

So.. you "don't" have to go through the mini challenge in order to enter the DW4 main challenge in March? I thought you had to enter the mini challenge first of all, then must be picked in order to enter the main challenge??

If you are not entering the mini challenge and for example, just wanted to enter the main challenge straight away, how do you "represent" the forum? (Is it like, you say which forum you belong to etc when you enter the main challenge?) Coz the DW4 website says, you will be representing a forum in order to enter the main challenge

Sorry if i was asking something stupid, this is the first time I enter for DW!

Old 02 February 2009   #24
Exclamation

Ok I think I posted this question on the wrong thread so here I go again, Where are the Main Event rules ? in DW page there are only the mini challenge rules, wich by the way is looking great.

Old 02 February 2009   #25
Originally Posted by Gyorkland: Ok I think I posted this question on the wrong thread so here I go again, Where are the Main Event rules ? in DW page there are only the mini challenge rules, wich by the way is looking great.

main event hasn't been posted yet. we are going to do mini challenges that lead up to the main event.

also, you don't have to enter the mini events if you don't want. they are just there to warm people up.

Old 02 February 2009   #26
Exclamation

Thanks for answering, I know that I donīt have to enter the mini challenge if I donīt want to, what I want to know is if the main event is going to start after this mini challenge or later this day.

Old 02 February 2009   #27
Originally Posted by Gyorkland: Thanks for answering, I know that I donīt have to enter the mini challenge if I donīt want to, what I want to know is if the main event is going to start after this mini challenge or later this day.

the main challenge will begin shortly after the mini challenge is over.

Old 02 February 2009   #28
I'm not actually sure if I'm going to join, but I think it would be alot of fun to try
My question is: are we allowed to join both 2d and 3d categories, or do we have to pick one?

Thanks,
-Adam

Edit: Whoops, missed this from the dwiii rules:
"Artists wishing to enter 3d and concept art categories must create a new idea for each category. No 3d entry and concept entry can look the same."

Last edited by AdamTSC : 02 February 2009 at 02:48 AM.

Old 02 February 2009   #29
3D Question

Hi,

I had a question about the 3D Challenge

"All lighting solutions from any software package is permitted."

So, this is not just view port screenshots? We can render it, with mental ray and such? Or...

Direct Link to Reel

Old 02 February 2009   #30
the main challenge will begin shortly after the mini challenge is over.

So the main challenge does not start until March 3rd? Is that why it only says "Dominance War IV is currently in progress..." on the page now? I really want to read the rules and enter into the competition, did I miss a deadline for something?

reply share thread