Dominance War IV : FAQ

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

03 March 2009
Originally Posted by syrez-one: hm, what about posting our wip/or final image on other forums? other then the ones rolling with the challenge? are we allowed to? just curios .. keeping a sketchbook ..

edit: oh well and what about cg talk gallery?

you can post them on other threads, but make sure you also post them in the DWIV thread so we can see your WIP.

03 March 2009
Hi
Does the logo have to be part of the generals suit or can it be just in the pic somewhere like in the background?
Can we show just a part of the logo?

03 March 2009
guys?(10 characters)

03 March 2009
hey okmer, heavyness posted in general discussion thread: jump here

so yes, your char needs it on him..

03 March 2009
He he, sorry, oh me, lazy a.. Thx Syrez-One!

03 March 2009
Mini Challenge 2 start date?

Hey guys,

Sadly had to sit the 1st minichallenge out. :-(

Is there a start date for minichallenge 2?

03 March 2009
Hmmm... when starts the voting... and where ? Oo

03 March 2009
Hey Crix, the info is in the first post of this thread:

Quote: Deadline:
March 2nd Monday Night 11:59 Eastern time. Voting Starts March 5th.

Where? My guess is here for the 2d entries, and here for the 3d entries. Each of the forums' entries has a link in the banner. I don't know if we get to vote for other entries in other forums. Anyway, I hope that helps!

03 March 2009
hi, i just wondered, i know its ok to post the final image on the other thread within CGSociety, as long as theres been WIPs on the main mini challenge thread,
but is it ok to post the final image in your CGPortfolio, without posting it to the other thread or anything else?

03 March 2009
Question Question

Hey I know AMChavez asked this but I was really curious also.
I thought I read that the actual comp was going to start around the 20th? so would that mean that the next mini challenge would start around the 6th?
Also how long is the actual War? I know the results are out in June but would that end the comp in May?

Sorry if this info is printed somewhere, I just didn't see it and inquiring minds want to know .

Thanks.

03 March 2009
Originally Posted by StudioMonkey: Hey I know AMChavez asked this but I was really curious also.
I thought I read that the actual comp was going to start around the 20th? so would that mean that the next mini challenge would start around the 6th?
Also how long is the actual War? I know the results are out in June but would that end the comp in May?

Sorry if this info is printed somewhere, I just didn't see it and inquiring minds want to know .

Thanks.

images are yours, post away on CGSociety.

03 March 2009
Hey StudioMonkey,

This is what it says here:

Quote: As Dominance War IV approaches, two types of events will unfold. Two quick-paced DW Mini Challenges with the first starting February 20th 2009, and an Epic Main Challenge that begins March 12th 2009.

It looks to me that the two mini challenges were the 2d and 3d general portraits. If they take nine days to complete then if there is another mini challenge it would have had to start yesterday (assuming there is no overlap with the mini challenge and the main challenge). So my guess is the mini's are done. So now all that is left is the epic main challenge - which begins on the 12th. Of course I may be totally out to lunch and I'm not a contest organizer... soooo.... take my comments with a grain of salt!

03 March 2009
Originally Posted by heavyness: images are yours, post away on CGSociety.

ok, thanks!

03 March 2009
It's not over with the minis , here's what the rules say :
"When voting is over, the best five artists from each forum move into the final professional judging stage and both Epic Main and Mini Challenge World Champions are announced in June 2009."
So... the mini war goes on ! unfortunatly only for 5 of u guys.

03 March 2009
"Each team’s best 5 entries then gather together into a single pool and a grand mini champion chosen and announced with all other Dominance War IV event champions in June."

reply share thread