is looking for an exceptional and proactive Tools Programmer
to join our programming team. The candidate must have at least 3 years experience in programming professional business applications, or game tools, and a strong understanding of user interfaces and how they impact the workflow. The ideal candidate will have a love for improving the productivity of his co-workers. This person will report to the Programming Lead and will work closely with them to improve and enhance the gaming tools.
Education & Experience:
- Takes ownership and enhances an existing Tools Pipeline for a next-generation title.
- Work closely with the Programming Lead and Art and Design Teams to improve the production tools.
- A Bachelors degree in Computing Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, etc… or the equivalent in experience in tools and applications programming.
- Several years C/C++ experience.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience writing tool applications widely used internally or externally.
- Experience developing command-line or GUI Windows applications.
- A passion for gaming, graphical user interfaces &/or scripting!
- One or more shipped titles as a tools programmer considered an asset.
- 2+ years of game development experience considered an asset.
- Experience with MS Visual Studio and the .NET framework.
- Experience with C# considered a strong asset.
- Experience with Perl, Python or Lua, considered a strong asset.
- Experience with the Win32 API or MFC considered an asset.
- Experience with 3rd party 3D Modeling APIs such has Max SDK, MaxScript, Mel Script, Maya SDK.
- Insight into the content creation pipeline of a game engine.
- Experience using Perforce considered an asset.
- Leadership skills considered an asset.
Position Status: Full Time, extensive benefits package and stock options.
- Assist in the planning of the production schedule for your programming tasks.
- Be able to take responsibility for programming features; gathering and writing technical specification and implementing them with high quality standards.
- As a member of a team, you must be able to both give and receive feedback on code implementation. Ensure work is executed at the highest quality possible across the team.
- Maintain a wide variety of Windows applications used by all members of the development team.
- Clearly communicate your progress to your supervisor, and work with them to achieve a highly efficient content creation pipeline.
Demos Considered an Asset:
- Cover letter stating your availability and applicable experience.
- Current Resume stating the list of credits, titles and platforms.
- A windows program and source code showcasing your skills in one or more of these areas would be a definite asset to your submission.
- Documentation of the source code and explanation of the use of any 3rd party materials such has but not limited to algorithms, libraries, content.
- The demo can be an email attachment, mailed CD, or a link to a website.