IMPORTANT - Final Submission Details

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 01 January 2009   #1
IMPORTANT - Final Submission Details

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
FINAL SUBMISSION DETAILS

Okay folks its the news you've all been waiting for. We've got the final challenge submission details sorted out for you.

To simplify things for everybody we have decided to use the Challenge Uploader to turn in your final submissions. This will eliminate any problems with the FTP set up.

Help on using the ChallengeUploader can be found at the CGUploader page.

Please make sure you download the Uploader from the link below, not from the help page.When using the Uploader, enter your CGTalk username and password, and then from the Category drop down box, select either Steampunk; Myths and Legends - Image: Final Image or Steampunk; Myths and Legends - Video:Finished Video, depending on which challenge you have entered.

Complete all the fields in the uploader before submitting your file.

Some submission guidelines for you:

Image Guidelines

• High Quality (95-100%) RGB JPEG, maximum possible resolution (without upsampling).
  • Image dimensions should be print resolution (as large as you can possibly render). Do not send in a low-resolution placeholder and ask us to get back to you, as we won't.
  • A guideline is 2657 pixels wide and/or 3636 high, 300 DPI.
  • DO NOT upsample your images to achieve higher resolution. If you cannot reach the desired full-page resolution, just send in what you have.
  • More information about image size and quality is included in the Challenge Deliverables page

Video Guidelines
  • Must be encoded in FLV format
  • Can be in 4:3 (eg 640x480) or 16:9 (eg 640x360) aspect ratio
  • Submitted via the Challenge Uploader
  • Information about encoding and tools to use is included in the Challenge Deliverables page

If you have submitted your final piece via the Uploader, but at a lower quality, you can upload your final image again at a higher quality.

More information regarding final submissions can be found at the Submit Final Image page

Old 01 January 2009   #2
What about those of us using OSX?

Edit: Never mind. I guess I should read more.

Last edited by miketche : 01 January 2009 at 06:40 AM.

Old 01 January 2009   #3
Not all OSX users can run the Uploader. This is a problem that we are unable to resolve without completely rebuilding the program, something we are unwilling to do with a competition deadline looming.

If you are having problems using the Uploader, then you will have to borrow a friends computer to perform the final submission.

Old 01 January 2009   #4
You're right, I still seem to be having problems. I'll sort it out.

Old 01 January 2009   #5
Stupid question...I can't understand how to use this uploader O_o
I mean, I tried to unzip it, and then?
LOL excuse me for being so dumb ^_^ I have no problems with FTP, but this seems over my understanding
Thank you for help

(edit: I have Vista)

Old 01 January 2009   #6
There is a link to instructions on how to use the Uploader in the post above. Please read it carefully.

Old 01 January 2009   #7
Ah, tyvm, I'm sorry it seems I hadn't the latest version of java, that's why
Thank you, very kind ^_^

Old 01 January 2009   #8
The Deliverables page has this for images:

The final image for the Image category must be in both JPG/PNG (submitted online), and High Quality JPEG formats (submitted by ChallengeUploader, at a print-resolution of no less than 300dpi).

Does this mean the final image must be submitted twice online, JPG and PNG, with size restrictions, since it says "both JPG/PNG", and then the final large format JPEG through the Uploader?

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Old 01 January 2009   #9
So OS X users are out of luck, huh? Maybe next time you can get a programmer who can program.

Old 01 January 2009   #10
You can submit your WIP etc images in JPEG OR PNG format.

The final image we'd prefer in high quality JPEG format.

Old 01 January 2009   #11
ok, thanks

Old 01 January 2009   #12
Question Re:Uploading Image

Hi,

Can I use watermark(My name,in a small font in any border side) in the final image?
Can I Upload any notes(The theme of my Image) with my final image?

Please inform me..

Surajit Sen
sen.surajit@yahoo.co.in

Old 01 January 2009   #13
Hi, I already uploaded my final high res image via challegeuploader.

How can I check if it is everything ok?

Old 01 January 2009   #14
Unhappy Installation help!!

Hi,
I cant understand how can I install the uploader..I down load the uploader but after unzipped that...files are unsupported file icon...please help me..
Surajit Sen
3D Artist

Old 01 January 2009   #15
Question okk...Ive got the uploader atleast...

I submitted my previsualization,working progress....all post in submit entry section.....but when I went to upload my final Image then saw there were also these sections(pre-visualization,working progress..etc)
So again Upload my preveious posting here with my final image?

Surajit Sen
3D Artist

reply share thread