Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: Per Trystad

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2008
Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: Per Trystad

Per Trystad is entered in the "Steampunk Myths and Legends" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Work In Progress: ANGERBODA "The bringer of grief"

11 November 2008
This is probably not a good idea as I really don't have time now either. But participating it more important then winning. And I can resist anything but an temptation. So here i go again.

Last edited by Try : 11 November 2008 at 09:36 AM.

11 November 2008
Try! Haha, good to see you in!

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

11 November 2008
Concept / pre-visualization: Firestarter

When i was a kid i had a little steam engine toy. This is a Punk version of what a little steam engine robot could look like. I call him Sid and he is capable of starting his own fire.

11 November 2008
Hey Gunilla! Couldn't stay away when I see all the all the good old guys signing up. really good to see all the familiar avatar`s again. I have missed you all!
Must just restraint myself so maybe i can finish this time. Not start on some huge project. but we will see. The inspiration may take overhand.

11 November 2008
Hello mate...

this steam toy is already simpathetic... but you don't think to something more mythologic ? as noted on the topic ?

11 November 2008
Originally Posted by Lemog: Hello mate...

this steam toy is already simpathetic... but you don't think to something more mythologic ? as noted on the topic ?

Hello buddy. You might have a very valid point there my friend. Mythology is something I can go bananas with. Nordic Mythology in particular is an endles well of inspiration. Just got to find a way of putting some steam and a bit of punk into it. and maybe a touch of humor then we are on the track I think.

11 November 2008
Originally Posted by Try: and maybe a touch of humor then we are on the track I think.

always apprecied

11 November 2008
Hey Per ,

great to see your thread here, I'm looking forward to see whatever comes to your mind, I'm sure this will be fun again!

Good luck for you!

-sabrina

11 November 2008
Hey Per, this is a real treat to see your wonderful mind at work again, enhancing this challenge. Fantastic to see you in, buddy. You've already got me smiling with your first drawing. Good luck with this one - I'm definitely looking forward to what you come up with

11 November 2008
I cant tell you how much it warms my hart to see you again My friends. It has been real lonely without you guys.

I`m really looking forward to see what you have for us this time Sabrina. And Mark my brother I wish I could see what images is popping up in your brain. This first part of the challenge is the best one where all the wierd and wonderful ideas pop up.

I really don't have any clear thought about where I`m going here, but I`m sure the journey will be fine!

11 November 2008
Work In Progress: Sid the punk Robot

Laurent have a real good point about the story behind this. But i haven`t landed on anything good yet. Have some ideas around Nors Mythology. Odin had a fantastic ship called "Skibladner" that could sail on sea, land and in the sky. That could be a real fun subject fore a steam punk vehicle.

Anyway I still like my first idea of a small steam driven Punk robot. So I have put some geometry together. Probably won`t be my main thing this but it`s fun to get started with something.

11 November 2008
As I suppose these little guys can walk on the clouds ,could be cool to see them do some reparing on the Skibladnes somewhere up in the sky,LOLLL.Good to see you in, cant wait neither to see whatta your brain will come up with.ronflll already gni,gni...
Good luck mate!

11 November 2008
Concept / pre-visualization: Hottpants

Man... It is almost like i feel sorry for the little guy.

11 November 2008
Concept / pre-visualization: Steam Punker

I now am painfully aware (after what happen`d at Marks tread) that this little guy don't really have any myth or legend to support his candidacy. But think I`m going to finish him anyway. He just need some gears in his backpack to operate the steam pistons the move his limbs. and maybe some more functional hands.

If I cant come up with anything else i can always switch to the Video challenge and have him perform a steamy version of "I did it may way" by Sex Pistols.

Thread Closed share thread