Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: linda lukšić šejić

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2008
Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: linda lukšić šejić

linda lukšić šejić is entered in the "Steampunk Myths and Legends" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Concept / pre-visualization: dragon design

11 November 2008
*waves at another Linda good luck can't wait to see what you come up with

11 November 2008
hie Linda,dropping by and wish ya luck,send my regards to ned,havent come across his thread,i hope he's in as well

11 November 2008
Talking

Ivy00: *waves back* heeey!! thank you and good luck to you too
Squibbit: thanks
MichaelZHsee: heeey thanks for dropping by ill sure keep an eye on your page well neb should get here any day now since he finds this challenge rather interesting so i suppose soon youll be able to say hi to him in person

11 November 2008
Concept / pre-visualization: dracula steampunk

well here are just few concept ideas. pleas dont mind the messines, i was prettymuch just splattering colours.

so ok here is my idea.

when i first saw this challenge i badly wanted to make a vampire steampunk theme, but i didnt want it to be just some random theme.
i was reading bram stokers dracula book some time ago, and decided i wanted to use dracula in this picture forward on.

but also i did some historical researchand somehow decided to mix both. bram stokers vampire dracula, and the historical dracula with all his corpses impaled on stakes.

so here is the explanation about the picture above. i imagine a picture on a huge battlefield, with dracula riding on a giant dragon mecha - thingie, since dracula in a historical version was known to lead the "order of the dragon" which is why he got his name--dracul--dragon.

also i meant to put alot of his victims as his personal army. people impaled on a stake would be manipulated as his "undead soldiers" (something like a necromancer) riding armored boars (because romanian woods are known to have these types of animals in it) that also had armoured dragion heads and are also controlled.

well this is pretty much the basic idea.. so i hope as i go i will develop it into a better story/picture.

thank you all for a warm wellcome, and good luck to you all on this great challenge, and have fun :D

11 November 2008
Wow great Idea I can't wait to see how this pans out!! Steampunk vampire good Idea.

11 November 2008
nice ideas and info bits about the boars n stuff

11 November 2008
I would think with the steampunk... have the undeads limbs be made up of steampunk leftovers.. Like scavanged bits almost.

But I like the previs.. My pre-vis is much...rougher..

11 November 2008
Lordrych: thank you very much
Squibbit: thanks friend
eevilmouse: well of course im not going to just use impaled corpses, there are corpse leftovers such sa upper parts ripped and fused with steampunk parts. so yes i had that in mind too.
variety makes it more interesting, and thank you very much for your reply i very much aprecciate it.

11 November 2008
hello missy,been a whiiiiiiile? neb still around these parts?

nice idea,needs more gears and oil hehe

11 November 2008
best of luck for sure - great idea

11 November 2008
Damn you people work fast! I like the idea of vampiric and steampunk together, a brilliant combination... though I also like the look of the dragon... a steampunk dragon would rock.
Best of luck, Linda!

11 November 2008
awesome character ...love it so much
good luck ya
love always
Mohammed Ali Ramadan

11 November 2008
NOOB! hey noob it really has been awhile, im so happy to see you around as well i hope you've been well hahaha well neb will enter as well as far as i know, perhaps on a later date, since he is so fast XD

Intervain: thank you very much best luck to you too

Zephyri: ahhaha not really.. i just had an idea pop in my head so i just threw a quick doodle. but i have a job now so im not as frequent as i used to be here, but i hope ill be able to update atleast once a week
thank you very much for your kind words of encouragment, it really means alot. i will be watching your progress as well

bsb: thank you very much i wish you the best of luck and lots of fun

Thread Closed share thread