Frequently Asked Questions

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 11 November 2008   #46
30 second version of trailer for initial judging. Followed by a maximum of 90 sec making of material, followed by full length Video.

What does that really mean? Do i need to create 3 separate video clips or do i need to create one full clip where all these parts have been combined?

What is the maximum lenght of the full clip?

Also do have to change my nick so that CGSociety personal video gallery works. Because it doesnt allow lines in the username. Falcor_ needed to be changed to Falcor ? ??

Old 11 November 2008   #47
Thanks you very much for the answer , ill start the work at this.

Old 11 November 2008   #48
*EDIT* Nevermind. I'm an idiot

Last edited by EoinCannon : 11 November 2008 at 10:42 AM.

Old 11 November 2008   #49
Hi there,

I know that making religious artwork or referencing to it may not be the best approach to the contest, but i'd like to know something.

If i go on and make an image depicting the resurrection of christ or maybe the creation of adam and eve, and depict them as robots or something like that, would that be offensive somehow? I believe it can be to some people, but wouldn't it be the same as depicting some ancient greek/roman/asian god in any similar situation?? I don't think it should be any different, but somehow i feel that having any sort of religious "feel" to the image is a big no-no. I don't think depicting something like what i said is offensive anyway, so please, i'd like to know your opinion.

Thanks!

Old 11 November 2008   #50
I have a question:

I have a piece of concept art that I made for a previous challenge that I never developed but I think would work great as a 3D image for this challenge, can I still use this or is that considered a no-no?

Old 11 November 2008   #51
Are Fairly Tales considered Myths/Legends? I supose it depens on how you interperate it.

There are already a couple people basing their ideas off of fairy tale stories such as the "Wizard of Oz" and "Pinnochio". Are they suitable? and thus tales such as "Red Riding Hood" or the "Three Little Pigs" could also be sources for inspiration.

Old 11 November 2008   #52
hi

Ihave some stupid question I,m new here.How to put thumbnail in the front of my thread.

thanks guy

Old 11 November 2008   #53
hi

Hi my name si Shkelzen Kernaja and i am 17 years old i like to enter for the challenger is it ok for me to enter for the callenger because i 10 january 2009 i am going to be 18, i will be happy to enter for the challenger. Many thanks.

shkelzen kernaja

Old 11 November 2008   #54
Originally Posted by heavenson: hi

Ihave some stupid question I,m new here.How to put thumbnail in the front of my thread.

thanks guy

It will add it automatically when you upload an image via the image uploaded available here.

http://features.cgsociety.org/chall...ubmit_entry.php

Old 11 November 2008   #55
Originally Posted by adib: I just invite a fried to join in my team and when he want to aswere on the mail gets an FATAL ERROR! Why is that? The user name is CostiB.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by dboydesign: Hi!

We are a team on three.

dboydesign
dCepT
Skullsong

I have invited, but they having problems with accepting.
When they press the link they are getting the following error
Not Found
The requested document was not found on this server.

Web Server at cgnetworks.com 

What are we doing wrong?
Cause they others dosent need to have there own thread.
Woud be great if someone helped us out. Dont want anything to be wrong

I'm quoting this, because my people are having the same issue.

thanks for any help.

Last edited by BookMansBlues : 11 November 2008 at 08:51 PM.

Old 11 November 2008   #56
Hiya! Just wondering about a couple of things - do you mean 'steampunk' to describe only the typically used Victorian period visual style - or could a more 1940s steampunk visual style be adopted for example?

Could we use stories from films and modern day literature as well as our own stories, fairy tales and legends?

If someone has already picked a story that we want to use, but we have a totally different concept from that story is that acceptable and not considered copying?

Thank you!

Old 11 November 2008   #57
Can we have, posibly at the firt page of or rules page, clearly stated DEADLINE. It was big issue last time, many people missed becasue of lack information, so lets not make this mistake again. I tried to find it, sctolled through most pages and sorry I cannot see it. Surelly its somewhere, but not stated clearly enough at the moment.

Regards,

K.Polak

Old 11 November 2008   #58
Originally Posted by krpolak: Can we have, posibly at the firt page of or rules page, clearly stated DEADLINE. It was big issue last time, many people missed becasue of lack information, so lets not make this mistake again. I tried to find it, sctolled through most pages and sorry I cannot see it. Surelly its somewhere, but not stated clearly enough at the moment.

Regards,

K.Polak

it's on the instructions page, in blue text.
Quote: Duration of the Challenge.

Commencement Monday 10th November.

Both Image and Video categories will commence at the same time but they will run for different periods of time:

• The Image category will run for 8 weeks. Finishing on 12 January 2009.
• The Video categories will run for 12 weeks. Finishing on 03 February 2009.

The awards will be judged at the close of each main category.

Old 11 November 2008   #59
Originally Posted by Migmax3D: Hi there,

I know that making religious artwork or referencing to it may not be the best approach to the contest, but i'd like to know something.

If i go on and make an image depicting the resurrection of christ or maybe the creation of adam and eve, and depict them as robots or something like that, would that be offensive somehow? I believe it can be to some people, but wouldn't it be the same as depicting some ancient greek/roman/asian god in any similar situation?? I don't think it should be any different, but somehow i feel that having any sort of religious "feel" to the image is a big no-no. I don't think depicting something like what i said is offensive anyway, so please, i'd like to know your opinion.

Thanks!

It's a tough one - my current suggestion is if you're unsure, it's probably best to steer clear. It's a little different with the pantheonic deities, as there aren't large groups still worshiping them.

Twitter: salmonmoose

Old 11 November 2008   #60
Originally Posted by admkrk: it's on the instructions page, in blue text.

These times are in UTC also.

Simple solution - be prepared, don't leave things to the last minute, try and be finished perhaps a week early so if you DO have troubles, you're not forced to try and push the deadline.

Twitter: salmonmoose

reply share thread