Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: Mark Hansen

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2009
Thanks Pedro,

Im glad you like it. Thanks for your feedback and the tips on your work proccess

Originally Posted by jpedro: congratulations mark, it came out great! nice colors and like the little story you wrote

01 January 2009
Thanks Adrephil. I'm glad you love the finished result..the encouragement from the start helped I may do up some ortho views of Neptune for fun see you inmore cg events.

Originally Posted by adrephil: WOW!! mark.....you've done me proud!! (heh heh)...lol... this is super! EXCELLENT job ! love the color scheme, the compo and neptune.... he's just kicks a$$!!!...lol (he looks uber vexed!) btw loving the motion blur on the front appendage of nep. ..... i'm drooling cause i soo love king neps design..... *snap out!*... oh well best of luck! see you in other challenges and on cg!

karisa

01 January 2009
Great style, movement and very whimsical. Best of luck in the competition. You've made a strong piece.

Mike

01 January 2009
Wow

I love your color scheme and composition. I also enjoy the "cartoon feel" of your piece. It really stands out compared to the seriously rendered pieces of the other entries. What a refreshing breath of fresh air!

01 January 2009
Thank u! I just went with what i had imagined in my mind..then alot of adjusting hehe. Btw nice gallery youre a master with colors and rendering characters

Originally Posted by rebelakemi: I love your color scheme and composition. I also enjoy the "cartoon feel" of your piece. It really stands out compared to the seriously rendered pieces of the other entries. What a refreshing breath of fresh air!

01 January 2009
Thumbs up

Nice work mate, strong composition and lighting.

01 January 2009
Thumbs up

Amazing Job...I would have expected more details though...

01 January 2009
really nice job - I like the perspective a lot!

01 January 2009
Looks great congratulations

01 January 2009
dude.. the idea of a stemapunk neptune is great.. also your composition.. really like it! the design of neptune is fantastic also.. i wished that the submarine would be on the same level, because compared to neptune its a bit "normal" dont know how to explain that better..

overall. GREAT IMAGE!
Alex Broeckel

see my online portfolio

STEAMPUNK Challenge: Octo

01 January 2009
Thanks guys

Bignanfer - Mr Ray! hehe i feel honured to get a comment from you;b Thanks buddy ( you should have joined this challenge!

MrPeace - Thank u..maybe next time when i start this earlier ill add more detail and texture

Intervain - Thanks for that. It took alot of messing around to get that perspective right
I really like your 3d characters, good designs and nice rendering.

Korendo - Cheers good luck with it

RayBender - Thanks for your feedbak..i see we both did a water theme steampunk I like the heaviness and solidness to the tenticles.Nice job on the buckling of the ship's frame. A bulllet hitting a tenticle would have been nice for a spark effect.Cheers

01 January 2009
great work man, best of luck!

01 January 2009
HANNNNNNSONNNNN!!!
Bloody fantastic mate!

01 January 2009
hey Marky Mark

Composition is really strong in this and nicely finished

01 January 2009
Naetronic - Thanks man Nice gallery you got a good unique style happening.

Rlyons - Mr.Lyons! hehe good to hear from you mate Im glad you likes it. It would have been good to see your entry for this.

FT - The Foo bboy:b thanks man..thanks also for your early feedback when i was working on this,It all helped.

Thread Closed share thread