Vicmonty's Daily Sketchbook: (From: CGTalk Daily Sketch Forum )

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

05 May 2009
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh my god, you made me laugh! Excellent!

05 May 2009
Ha, I'm glad you enjoyed it and got it. it was a conversation my family was having. Not sure if it's a joke out there already or not, but it had to be put into this format. Thanks for viewing.

Anatomy SB
Tumblr
Deviant Art

05 May 2009
photoshop 40 min

Anatomy SB
Tumblr
Deviant Art

05 May 2009
Here is one from today. Again, I'm starting from the begining on these. I hope to catch up to the current pic one day. This pic was a challenge and the fact that it was to be done in 20 min took it to the next level for me.

photoshop 20 min

Anatomy SB
Tumblr
Deviant Art

05 May 2009
Dsg 1812 The Leader 50 Min

PHOTOSHOP 50 MIN...

Anatomy SB
Tumblr
Deviant Art

06 June 2009
Dsg 1814 Expedition 30 Min

i was going to copy a photo, but i chickened out and then crapped this one out. photoshop 30 min.

Anatomy SB
Tumblr
Deviant Art

06 June 2009
Dsg 1811 The Fleet 60 Min

This took me about an hour. It was done in bits here and there. I spent more time on the sky then i did on rendering the ship. I got stuck and didn't know what else to do to the ship. It was going to be an all grayscale, but I hate doing skies and I saw an oppurtunity. I also had to add that great red white and blue. Please give advice on how to improve.

Anatomy SB
Tumblr
Deviant Art

06 June 2009

Hi, vicmonty! I've painted over your work to make things clear.
Here some suggestions from me.
If there is a contrlight in the scene, it is very important to keep the silhouette of an object on the first plan clear and enough plenty.
The first plan should be more contrast, and less contrast and details on the far plan.
And you can try to set curves and color balance.
The horizont line should be little lower
Good luck!

06 June 2009
DSG1833 A "A LIL' FURTHER" 60 MIN

Anatomy SB
Tumblr
Deviant Art

06 June 2009
Dsg 1843 Rip Mj 30 Min

PHOTOSHOP 30 MIN

Anatomy SB
Tumblr
Deviant Art

07 July 2009
photoshop 50 min

less than an hour

Anatomy SB
Tumblr
Deviant Art

08 August 2009
DSG1880 LATE NIGHT ABOUT 45 MIN. i went for Conan O'brien

Anatomy SB
Tumblr
Deviant Art

11 November 2009
From all of those pieces, I found "dsg the fallen" the most interesting.
Great prespective, the only thing maybe is to turn the winged figure more towards the girl, so it would look as if they relate to each other more.
Will you finish it? I dont know whats the concept idea of it, but it looks like it has a big story behind it.

11 November 2009
wow I didn't think anyone visits this page but me! Thanks for that suggestion. Now that I look at it again I see why turning him will impact their relationship. It's a good observationa and something I'll definetly take with me with future work. Remembering how body language goes a long way. After all, illustration is visual story telling is it not? Thanks again. I need these C&C's. This is my form of education along with other online tools and books I have.
I never thought about pushing forward with it. It was for the daily sketch book. When I hear "fallen angel" I think of, Lucifer first and foremost, but also those angels from Genesis that fell from heaven to be with mortal women. As a result, giants were born! These giants aren't exactly detailed, but you can find ref. on them throughout the Bible. Anyway, I have stories to tell on all subjects. Now I'm working on my artistic abilities so I can properly execute my visions! Sorry for the long reply. Thanks for coming by!

Anatomy SB
Tumblr
Deviant Art

11 November 2009
Originally Posted by vicmonty: wow I didn't think anyone visits this page but me! Thanks for that suggestion. Now that I look at it again I see why turning him will impact their relationship. It's a good observationa and something I'll definetly take with me with future work. Remembering how body language goes a long way. After all, illustration is visual story telling is it not? Thanks again. I need these C&C's. This is my form of education along with other online tools and books I have.
I never thought about pushing forward with it. It was for the daily sketch book. When I hear "fallen angel" I think of, Lucifer first and foremost, but also those angels from Genesis that fell from heaven to be with mortal women. As a result, giants were born! These giants aren't exactly detailed, but you can find ref. on them throughout the Bible. Anyway, I have stories to tell on all subjects. Now I'm working on my artistic abilities so I can properly execute my visions! Sorry for the long reply. Thanks for coming by!

Well you C&C on my thread, so I thought I'd look through yours, especially after you said you are a novice like me

I thought the children made between angels and humans are called seraphim, or maybe I remembered wrong.

your 50 min sketch of that boy with the weapon, looks quite good, in terms of anatomy. I like expression on his face. All high and mighty.

At first I thought it was a guitar he was holding, he looks about 14, he might be an interesting character if you develop him, I dont know why but it reminds me of the war in Afghanistan at the moment, since most children there have easy access to weaponry.

reply share thread