Lady Medusa's Sketchbook

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2011   #16
Just felt like I should post this here as well

This is the character line-up for my hopefully upcoming comic, Swords and dagger.
People suggested I make one and there it is. I'm basing it on the partys adventures in the old game called "RealmZ"

From left to right:
Name: Tussock
Race: Pixie
Class: Sorcerer
I'm sure this little guy will prove to have some neat trick up his sleeve. He's a bit direct.

Name: Bramblerose
Race: Halfling
Class: Rogue
She is kind of the leader of the group, even though she is the weakest. Starts out as kind of a wuss, but with determination.

Name: Aldo
Race: Cathoon
Class: Monk
He is curious, like Cathoons often are. A cathoon in a race that seems to be unique to Realmz. Its almost like a cat-bat with cat like behavior and more of a bat-like apperance

Name: Swydala
Race: Half Elf
Class: Fighter
She's a bit tipsy. Shadow Elf on her fathers side and human on mothers side.

Name: Goran
Race: Human
Class: Priest
He is the healer of the group. That is supposed to be a mace in his hands.

Name: Eralo
Race: Half-Orc
Class: Berserker
Human on mothers side, Orc on fathers side. And although, he did not have a happy childhood, he has a heart of gold. He has a lazy eye, that is fixed to that position. He might be smarter than he looks.

Aldo and Eralo does have weapons, I just didn't want them blocking their armor and forcing them in a pose that does not proberly show height. Aldo uses numb-chucks and Eralo has a battleaxe in case you were curious.

Old 06 June 2011   #17
Pear House - sketch

I'm trying to get a grasp on composition. Its too "logical" for me and I find it rather difficult. Here I'm using the golden ratio. Still feels rather off :/

Old 06 June 2011   #18
Welcome to Bywater

My first "public" comic
I wasn't sure whether to submit it or redo it. I notice that Bramblerose and Aldo probably should be sitting in front rather than behind on the horse. Bah. Something is better than nothing, right?

Please alert me of any typoes and grammatical error.
And I still want critiques. Just hit me as hard as you can. The lack of shading and sloppy color work are just laziness on my behalf, and shall be dealt with for the next one. Still not quite sure what is acceptable and what is not in the realm of comics.

Edit: Aah, photobucket re-sizes images. Here is the link for the fullview.

Last edited by LadyMedusa : 06 June 2011 at 05:07 PM.

Old 10 October 2011   #19
The Fat Cat

For the DSF. Topic being The Fat Cat.
This was fun. I really love persians and exotics
Photoshop, around 20 minutes.

Old 10 October 2011   #20
love this cute ilustrations

Old 10 October 2011   #21
Thanks

Bear Berry

It's the literal translation to the Norwegian word for blackberry.
My job requires me to learn illustrator, so here is an attempt I feel happy with (for the moment).

Old 11 November 2011   #22
Dino Cheese Party

This is a project I started for the CG Challenge (topic being Dreamscape), that I later abandoned. I started working on it again, but I'd like some opinions before I go too far.

Old 11 November 2011   #23

Worked a little more on it
Don't worry, I'll make a pot bellied dino version. I realize that not everyone understands its part of the anatomy, and that also Tyrannosaurus girls looked that way.
Thinking about how stylized I want the girl. I want her to look correct none the less, just not necessarily realistic (as I'm not yet skilled enough for that, and feel like I've worked on this more than I should have)

Old 11 November 2011   #24
I don't believe there is such thing as working on something more than you should have
I think you should work on something as long as it takes and you enjoy doing it
I think it looks great and you should definitely finish it

Old 02 February 2012   #25
I've decided to start the Rex image over . I was considering working on it, but just couldn't see were to take it. I mean seriously - that is not going to work that way. I have an idea for an angle that might work that puts an emphasis on the size of the dinosaur. I'm going to "place the camera" behind the girl so we see the back of her, and looking up at the massive size of the dinosaur maybe hiding the ape behind him in some plants
I guess I just needed a little break.

Anyhow, this is a dog I just drew.

I tried to consider the depth a bit more than the fat cat. Don't feel like I got it yet, but it did get better than the cat, right? (Know how you notice a lot of things that are wrong just when you're about to post it? I also notice her eyes are a little asymmetric)
Didn't really think about the anatomy of the little bulldog, so it's most probably incredibly off. Just ignore that for now, but I would like comments. Mostly on the depth and the choice of colours.

Old 04 April 2012   #26
New one I'm working on

A big beast and a little fairy playing a game of chess. Rough light and shadow sketch.

Old 08 August 2012   #27
Cutting onion

An onion cutting himself.
I found this old doodle and decided to practice my illustrator skills
Texture added in Photoshop though.

Old 08 August 2012   #28
Banana Life

Old 09 September 2012   #29
Bathtime

Ugh. Not sure if this can be saved, and I'm most probably going to cancel it, but I wanted to post it anyway. Trying to post what I do hoping it will encourage me to finish more works.
This was originally started for the Dreamscape CG challenge.

Gas Devil

Felt like doing some colouring

Last edited by LadyMedusa : 09 September 2012 at 08:14 PM.

Old 01 January 2013   #30
One of the projects I'm working on .
Medusa - WIP

Thread Closed share thread