THE COMIC STRIP "FRENZIED MINDS"

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2009   #31
ELEVENTH INSTANCE:
Also posted on CGtalk's Wednesday Night Comic Creators Club 016: January 28 -February 3 2009

BACKGROUND: I made this episode because I'm always disappointed when fabulously, beautiful concept cars get dummed down to complete ugliness by the time they reach production.
BEHIND-THE-SCENES: One of my friends asked to be included in a comic, so the designer character is him. Another friend designed a character and the engineer is an interpretation of that character. Then another asked to include him in a comic as a ninja-monkey named "Pladimir Vutin". I got the ninja-monkey part but not the name... at least not yet. heh.
18 hrs: Illustrator+Photoshop+Wacom

Last edited by FRENZIEDmind : 01 January 2009 at 07:45 PM.

Old 02 February 2009   #32
I'm honored and psyched to-no-end that my latest comic episode has been featured on AutoBlog.com!!! Autoblog.com is the biggest blog about cars on the internet! I read the blog regularly and submitted my comic as a "tip" on their website and John Neff (Editor-in-Chief) liked it!

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/07/...-cars-are-made/

Old 11 November 2009   #33
I made a couple of animated FRENZIEDmind heads for fun (Illustrator/Photoshop/ImageReady)...

Old 11 November 2009   #34
This was my first comic (post high-school), titled "GOT ALFALFA". It was first about a pair of prairie dogs named GOT and Fred and also about a family of prairie dogs. It was going to deal with big-business abuse. I made three instances before the comic morphed into something else.

Old 11 November 2009   #35
ALCHE-TRAZ is what GOT ALFALFA morphed into. I created 5 gif animated instances before my interests and time vanished (I ran out of the time it took to create each episode). It was going to be more directly about corporate and gov abuse. The topic became too cynical for me to maintain and enjoy creating hours-on-end.

Last edited by FRENZIEDmind : 11 November 2009 at 10:25 AM.

Old 11 November 2009   #36
Created this for a comic-blog I'm working on. It's only hand-drawn (at the moment) due to time-constraints and computer problems.

The NEWS-spoof comic-blog is located at www.thehabanero.com

Last edited by FRENZIEDmind : 11 November 2009 at 05:38 PM.

Old 02 February 2010   #37
UPDATE:
Created a ONE-PANEL version of my comic. Trying this out to see if I can generate enough ideas to keep a 1-panel version going.

6 hrs: Illustrator+Photoshop+Wacom

Old 03 March 2010   #38
My Mom was always looking out for us and made sure we always made it to school on time.

12 hours: Illustrator+Photoshop+Wacom:

Old 03 March 2010   #39
20 hours. Illustrator+Photoshop+Wacom.

Old 05 May 2010   #40
UPDATE

New FRENZIEDminds episode.

This idea has been kicking around inside my brain for many years. It's a gross exaggeration, loosely based on the experience I've heard from several different people's visits to various different doctors. I've penciled it several times and in several different variations. I finally put them all together into a tight six panels of joy & excitement.

30+ hours: Illustrator+Photoshop+Wacom

Last edited by FRENZIEDmind : 09 September 2010 at 02:47 PM.

Old 09 September 2010   #41
This is part 1 of 2.

GOLDILOCKS AND THE THREE BEARS

48+ hours: Illustrator+Photoshop+Wacom

Old 01 January 2011   #42
Messing around during break at work... XD

Last edited by FRENZIEDmind : 01 January 2011 at 10:12 PM.

Old 05 May 2011   #43
Created this for my wife. She said, "I want a giant poster of Al on the wall". Sigh... So here it is and she loves it. Printed at 24x36 inch on some HP satin photo-paper with an aluminum sandwich ploy material. Will frame and hang on the wall.

Al the Green Tree Rabbit (Al Greentreerabbit) is one of the more popular characters from my comic FRENZIEDminds.

Illustrator+Photosho+Wacom= about 16 hours.

Old 09 September 2011   #44
GOLDIEBOT AND THE THREE BEARS, part 2 of 2:

60+hours: Illustrator+Photoshop+Wacom:

Old 06 June 2012   #45
Aimlessly created this little thing while wearing a tinfoil hat one evening. I think the play on Uncle Sam's famous "I Want You" slogan is cool.

Thread Closed share thread