Speed paints

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2002   #16
LOL yes I understood. I meant about the appearance. But i think I get it now

Old 08 August 2002   #17
Elvis? Well sort of... about 40 minutes.

Old 08 August 2002   #18
LOL! too cool dude. love it. Maybe Elvis's agent? The hairy chest cracked me up. ha ha.

GandalftheGrey> what part of Ohio?

Old 08 August 2002   #19
So, my first action as a mod: sticky this thread
Let's kick some life into 2D artwork

Old 08 August 2002   #20
you've got some big plans. Doncha bucko?

Old 08 August 2002   #21
hmmm.... more painter fun. about 30 min. I guess since I'm still learning the package, I work slower. I don't know what to think about this one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg more painter funs.jpg (45.2 KB, 3012 views)

Old 08 August 2002   #22
Cockofthewok->Lot's o energy (and blood) that's what it's all about ain't it. go man go.

Painter (paint over) color attempt, our new mod has inspired me to try coloring this way, ooooooh fun.

Last edited by Sleepless : 08 August 2002 at 06:51 AM.

Old 08 August 2002   #23
i hope not to be off theme (is not a paint)
BTW this is a few second sketch for a 3d modelling

and a hair-color test

Old 08 August 2002   #24
Another one, this is very funny:
40-50 min:

and another 40:

I´m getting my references from a wonderful book my uncle gave me, it´s called "The golden century of the Holland Landscape", it´s great, full of skies, battle ships, cows, iced lakes...
Jeroentje, i´ll look for that book (but translated to spanish, cuz it will be full of foreign words for the ship´s parts). BTW you don´t have eyebrows? That hairy Elvis rocks! Sleepless i love your style, the brushtrokes and the colors. Hey Roel, nice girl (beautiful eyes), i´m gonna try a portrait too. That´s a bloody one Clockofthewok very manga style; Carlocky i like the googles head but with the twi´lek tail, the colored hair has a nice effect, very dinamic.

Feel the pancreas experience!

Old 08 August 2002   #25
Talking

Hi guys,this is my first real post.
This is a wild thread with amazing things in it,you all have my unconditional love(well,i might add some conditions later)
Anyway here it is, it took a bit longer then 30min ,but that's because i have a VERY unstable computer(damn thing crashes many times a day)pointers are very welcome (you can break me to the bone if you like)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg portret_001.jpg (43.6 KB, 2709 views)

Last edited by Fiber : 08 August 2002 at 04:15 PM.

Old 08 August 2002   #26
Hey Fiber, nice expression
Another one 20 min.

Feel the pancreas experience!

Old 08 August 2002   #27
Just tubes.
Made myself stop at 1hr 15mins. Musta been thinking about the Cyborg thread. Speed paints are fun, no pressure just doodle..... PS7

Pancreas- that book has got you on a roll, awsome cow paint

Last edited by Sleepless : 08 August 2002 at 05:28 AM.

Old 08 August 2002   #28
Here's a speed paint that stalled and went to 120 minutes or so, but I was distracted by friends for the duration and I've only been using a tablet for about 4 hours now.

It's based on a reference image that I collected a long time ago for some reason (and now it's justified ).

Right at the end I threw in the pale fog/mist because I wanted to fade out the background a bit.

It's nothing special and the lighting is pretty bland, but it's my submission as a speed paint.

Old 08 August 2002   #29
About this page images:

earl - Remind me something Impressionist, maybe first painter as Gustave Coubert even if the subject is surrealistic (first impressinism liked real stuff and social diseases)
Very poetic.. seem a Hayao Myazaki (sorry for the spel) Manga (Laputa)

Sleepless - i like your style a lot as u know. Tubes remind me a "Dune" character. It's creepy enough. I still dream a comic drawn by you. Like your portrait too

Pancreas - your draw gives the real sensation of an old stamp. you cught the same attention to the details they took in theirold paintings

Cockofthewok very Dynamic....near to Devilman manga.

Here another sketch of mine made in an Arpil (I don't remeber the year) in a Architecture class. Inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright (my first Love) and Gabetti & Isola (my theachers)

Old 09 September 2002   #30
Talking

this is in MS paint took me bout 10 mins
Attached Images
File Type: jpg courage.jpg (37.9 KB, 2964 views)

Thread Closed share thread