Rengin's Graduation Project

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2012
Small update on the sendings today, I've been working on something most of the day that I'll be posting tomorrow.

04 April 2012
Small update on the sendings today, I've been working on something most of the day that I'll be posting tomorrow.

04 April 2012
Something I should've posted yesterday, but I've been fiddling with it for a long time. I'm probably going to mix up a lot of the layout when I revisit this, but it suffices for a mood establishment for now I think =)

05 May 2012
Another mood shot, though I'm not too happy with this yet. The PS file is already plastered with notes, but feel free to add any of your own, I could really use some =) (I'm mostly talking design of the room wise, not composition and illustrative qualities - though of course pointers in that area are also always welcome)

Plus some sketches for Sabriel, still a bit undecided on hair and general look, she doesn't always have the feel I'd like her to have. Aaand some line exercises on the other page, let's see if I can repeat that page of lines every once in a while and see if I've improved.

05 May 2012
Yesterday's and today's work. Did some cat studies since Mogget is a cat and I have next to no experience drawing them, and I made some thumbs for a style test. I tried sketching one of them out beforehand but I gave up halfway through... Too many wonky things going on anyway. Last image is still a wip, I'm still looking for more of a contrast between "living skin" and other objects while keeping all other elements interesting, maybe I should go more towards art nouveau or Klimt.

05 May 2012
Some different things. I've also been working on the layout of the final product (an artbook similar to the look of the Pixar/Disney artbooks), so I'll probably post some previews later, when there's something worthwhile to show.

05 May 2012
Little update, I've mostly been working on the book layout today. I've revisited the image from a few days ago to try and make the Mordicant more art nouveau-ish and increase the flow of the image.

05 May 2012
I decided to try some quick warm-up studies before working, to keep learning, and I included a preliminary image for the general look of the Sendings. Her face should probably be way less solid so you can see the folds behind her face, so I'll incorporate that into a later version. Background texture is from here btw.

Last edited by Rengin : 05 May 2012 at 09:39 PM.

06 June 2012
A backlog of work I still needed to post. I kept putting it off and forgetting, but I'm leaving for a week tomorrow, so now's a good chance to upload it all at once.

Some previews of the book I'm working on laying out:

Last edited by Rengin : 06 June 2012 at 07:43 PM.

06 June 2012
Back from vacation and pretty refreshed! Here's some storyboarding I did today:

06 June 2012
Storyboarding work for today, minus the first 7 frames, which I did yesterday. There's one black frame since I accidentally drew over that frame for another one, but I'll have to redraw that one tomorrow >_> The scene is almost done, I 'm about 75% there. Big biiig file, sorry about that.

06 June 2012
Thereís the last of it, the whole scene is in storyboard now. It was a good exercise, it made me see some objects I was still missing and made me notice some placement issues in terms of props. Iíll probably start a revision of the room tomorrow, while itís all still fresh =) Do you guys have any remarks about the storyboards?

06 June 2012
Hm, I should start uploading some color stuff again.

Here's some stuff from friday and today; a little lighting study with some new elements added to Sabriel's room, a more serious close up portrait of Sabriel, and some more sketches for Touchstone. I think the one where he's still a figurehead depicts him the way he "feels" to me (in terms of the mix of being a boy and a man, not to buff or too round a face, but not too thin either, etc.) the most accurately, but I still need to figure out how that would translate to other angles of the face, haha.

06 June 2012
Some sketches of Touchstone and a quick thing showing some possible look for the area around Abhorsen House.

06 June 2012
Nothing was landing on paper as I wanted it to today, so I have one image for today: the Mordicant in the woods while he's chasing Sabriel, who turned out a bit more realistic and a bit less silhouet-y than I'd intended.

Thread Closed share thread