EXPOS… Around the World

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2008   #1
EXPOS… Around the World

To celebrate the launch of EXPOS… 6, and to highlight the international diversity of artists included in our books, Ballistic Publishing rushed copies to them, and asked them to photograph themselves with the book.

Over the next few weeks, you can meet the artists of EXPOS… 6, and see some sights around the world.

Meet the artists here ...

We're so happy with the response, we thought it'd be a great time to meet some of our members too ... So, if you've ever bought a Ballistic Book, we'd love to see a photo of you, the book, at a local landmark in this thread

Twitter: salmonmoose

Last edited by salmonmoose : 06 June 2008 at 06:10 AM.

Old 06 June 2008   #2
I thought that girl in blue dress is 3d, but when i go through entire page and i found it's a real pic.

Old 06 June 2008   #3
Cool idea! Can't wait for Exposť 6 to arrive to take a pic around San Jose with the collection

Old 06 June 2008   #4
Genious idea with the pictures Congratulations to all!

Old 06 June 2008   #5
Great photos ! I'm still waiting for my copy to make a picture of me

Old 06 June 2008   #6
It's cool idea, hopefully, sometime Il be taking my own photo holding expose, it's a great Book!!

Old 06 June 2008   #7
Hey nice idea...

I'd like to point out just one thing..

Michael Ivan from Slovakia should deserve to have SLOVAKIAN flag by his name.. not SLOVENIAN

Old 06 June 2008   #8
Vey cool thread. It's always nice to see "real world" people and places in addition to all the digital art.

Old 06 June 2008   #9
Wink Great

Great idea...Seeing ARTISTs in realworld, not through avatars or forums.

Old 06 June 2008   #10
Got my hardcover last week. Boy, was I surprised to discover that it included the free prints advertised as being in the limited edition only!

Love the "Meet the Artists" feature - but don't look for a photo of me. Sorry, I only have one photo of me that I like - all the rest I hate. Otherwise, my local landmark would have to be the Seattle World's Fair Space Needle I suppose.

Wonderful book, & the quality is absolutely dazzling!

Old 06 June 2008   #11
Talking

wow, that was a really cool idea. nice to see the people behind the art and actual pictures of the country they reside in. i thought the girl on the frontpage was cg too. the line between cg and realism is getting so close these days that you have to look twice sometime.

Old 06 June 2008   #12
Fantastic idea! Ill grab some of my balistic books (although I havent ordered in a while!....I know..shame on me!) and take a photo somewhere...Im thinking the Nelson Mandela bridge? Perhaps the extrance to Alexandra....Im sure Ill find something decidedly South African.

Oh, and I think Im a little inlove with Katarina Sokolova-Latansíka....beautiful photo! Almost thought it was a painting.

Old 06 June 2008   #13
Oh, no, I'm absolutely real at this photo ) It's not a 3D

Originally Posted by DuttyFoot: wow, that was a really cool idea. nice to see the people behind the art and actual pictures of the country they reside in. i thought the girl on the frontpage was cg too. the line between cg and realism is getting so close these days that you have to look twice sometime.

Old 06 June 2008   #14
Wow, it's a great pleasure to see my own photo at the first page of CGSociety It's me at one of the beautiful Kiev's places - Sofiys'ka Ploscha.
It's a really great idea to make this project, cause we can see our favorite artists in real world, with real smiles...I think it's unify CGpainters from all the planet!

Old 06 June 2008   #15
Great idea indeed, it's good to be able to see the real face of people we are used to identify by style or avatar.

...and congratulations to all the fellow 'ExposŤers'. For a relative newbie in the CG field as I am, to be in such company is a wonderful feeling.

Thread Closed share thread