Animation Session 8 - Phone Call - July 20th > August 10th

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2004
Originally Posted by Demilliac: Ok, another great theme !
I'll try this time to really participate, not like the past one :[

I've already started with simple things, watch and tell me !
http://demilliac.free.fr/wip/phoneCall/PhoneCall01.mov

I plan to move the character from sad to happy felling.

thx for watching and good luck for all !

Nice start man! , i really like his head turn and facial expression when the phone rings.

07 July 2004
Demilliac - I like it until now, when the eyes are moving to look at the phone try to make them move in an arc, it is looking very robotic.

Camping in front of the computer to wait for Animation Mentor

http://animationgroup.proboards30.com

07 July 2004
Talking

it seems interesting~
so i have to use my spare time to do it after work~

yea yea....

07 July 2004
hey i love what you've done there already demilliac, what you've done with the phone is really good especially.

07 July 2004
I was just given an assignment at school to do an animation with a character reacting to something.

I am going to see if i can come up with something for this animation contest.

Derek

Character Animator @
Visual Concepts/2ksports

07 July 2004
Demilliac....looks good....I agree with the eye movement comment....need to add an arc in there....also...his mood goes from bored to upset....but he's sitting by the phone...how about experimenting with something like "A guy waiting for a call from his love" or something like that...right now the situation isn't fitting for me...I wouldn't wait by the phone just to get mad when it rings...just an idea....nicely done so far though

07 July 2004
Originally Posted by Remi: "A guy waiting for a call from his love" or something like that...

Hey this is my idea , u can´t use it. Just kiding, i´ll let u use this one .

I agree with your coment the situation is not fitting. But maybe he was not waiting for the call, just thinking in someone or situation when the phone calls and it can be this person.

I want to tart trying my ideas but i really need a rigged character, so MAX users help me please.

Camping in front of the computer to wait for Animation Mentor

http://animationgroup.proboards30.com

07 July 2004
I am doing a "annoying female driver talking on the cellphone while putting on make up while changing lanes" skit.

07 July 2004
Originally Posted by Sheep Factory: What do you have in mind erilaz?

I wanted to animate a guy being woken up by his phone. The dynamics were for the bedsheets over his head.

07 July 2004
Hey some god feedback here ! thk for commenting. I'll try to break some "robotik" movement.
Next, for the fitting of the situation, I've simply tryed to show 'someone thinking of...' and disturbed by the unexpected ring. Next he would by enjoying the conversation and finally have a great day but I agree with the fact that the situation is not really clear yet.

Thx again, some continuation and adjustements to come in the next few days
I'm waiting for you all now !

07 July 2004
Originally Posted by Remi: something like "A guy waiting for a call from his love" or something like that...

Man, oh man, that's what I came up with, too! Me and alexandre, both!

Guess I'll have to come up with another idea... Gotta go get my thinking cap out of the dryer...

- M

07 July 2004
Originally Posted by erilaz: I wanted to animate a guy being woken up by his phone. The dynamics were for the bedsheets over his head.

I'd rather you spend the time on animation than dynamics and add the dynamics part after the session is complete.

07 July 2004
Originally Posted by Sheep Factory: I am doing a "annoying female driver talking on the cellphone while putting on make up while changing lanes" skit.

Dang it!!! that was my idea...hehe I keed...I keed....good one sheep

07 July 2004
Originally Posted by Remi: Dang it!!! that was my idea...hehe I keed...I keed....good one sheep

Heh! you scared me there for a second

Are you joining this time? , I mean really join , not like "i am in" and dont post anything =p

07 July 2004
Hey...could you call my boss and say "Please allow Ryan to put aside any obligations for about a week so he may compete in the CGT Animation Challenge and we will award you copius amounts of bacon"....it might actually work

Sorry...back to the session

Thread Closed share thread