Should I learn to draw?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2013
Should I learn to draw?

Is it a good idea to learn to draw before focusing on becoming a good animator? Will it help me/is it worth my time? Thanks in advance for the advice.

09 September 2013
Hi!

I definitely recommend to draw a lot!! BUT donīt draw for the sake of drawing. I mean, sure, if youīve fun drawing then just draw as much as you can. But if itīs a bit of a pain for you then itīs maybe important to know that itīs not important to draw nice. I can highly recommend going out and SKETCH people. Go into a mall, café or sth. and draw interesting poses of the people around you. This way you leanr to focus only on the important stuff because you just wonīt have enough time to draw/sketch details Only a few seconds in most cases. After that redraw your poses. Select some interesting ones and try to recreate them with a clearer silhouette and line of action. So, learn about line of actions, dynamic posing and so on. You also may want to buy some "how to draw comics" books. That might help as well. For animation itīs INCREDIBLY helpful because itīs MUCH faster to create nice poses and ideas! Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Pat

09 September 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread