Estimated price for an animation in a renderfarm

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

03 March 2018
Estimated price for an animation in a renderfarm

Hello!
See if you can help me with a question I have.
What price I could get an animated render of about 30 seconds, with a scenario and a 3D character, with realistic textures and as realistic as possible. With a resolution of 1920x1080.
With a quality similar to the following video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enmAV1z8wpU
I know that without giving more specific data it is difficult, but more or less if someone could give me an estimated price.
Thank you!

03 March 2018
Hey Aswing.

It's not possible to give a cost estimate based only on the time and quality of animation.

In general, the cost depends on the time of rendering/uploading of a project on nodes of a render farm, and the cost of an hourof rendering. It depends on the plan/priority you choose.

Most of the renderfarmshave cost calculators but they give a very rough estimate because they don't consider the time of uploading the project to nodes and opening it in a 3d app. If your frames render fast, but the project is big, it can affect the price.

The best way to get an estimate is to run a test of some frames from the whole range spread evenly across the range, like every 20th frame. Based on that you can calculate an estimated price. On top of that, you will see how farm's tools work and how responsive the support is.

Some render farms, like GarageFarm.NET, have an automatic system of cost estimation based on abovemethod. I know that GF.NET have also volume discounts so if your project is big, you can pay less for one frame.

I hope that answeredyour question

03 March 2018
Thank you very much for the answer.

03 March 2018
I think you should take a look this guy: https://superrendersfarm.com, they have free analyze option, and clear offer render cost & time. I worked with them still they are Beta farm, and happy with this service.

reply share thread