Character Modelling - Need Help And Suggestions

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2013
Character Modelling - Need Help And Suggestions

Hello,

I'll start by saying that this is only the third character that I've modelled and the the first that I've modelled specifically with edgeflow in mind.

I'm a student, but I'm actually more interested with the technical side of 3D which is why I haven't created many characters, but over Summer I'll be doing a project on rigging and I wanted to create my own character to rig.

The rig is going to include some stylized features like squash and stretch so I wanted this to be reflected in my character which is why he is propotioned the way he is.

(I think) I'm happy with the arms, head and the chest area, but the back and lower torso area just seem to be flat and they don't look right somehow.

Any help would be nice. I've uploaded the scene file as an FBX for you to look at, feel free to make any adjustments.

Thank you for your time,
-Harry
Attached Files
File Type: zip Body.zip (280.5 KB, 1 views)

05 May 2013
I'm not sure why but they FBX is giving me some visual errors when I add a TurboSmooth modifier in 3ds Max, it seems fine in Maya though. Nevertheless, I've uploaded .max and .mb versions on the file (created in 2013 versions) on Hotfile (CGSociety needs to make their attachment size limit bigger!), here are the links:

3ds Max version - https://hotfile.com/dl/213088409/7b...ax2013.zip.html

Maya version - https://hotfile.com/dl/213088534/fd...ya2013.zip.html

-Harry

05 May 2013
You should take screen shots of your model and upload them to your own servers or free alternative ones like photobucket. Use the insert image button at the top of the post form to insert the url of the uploaded pic. People will comment more often and more easily if they don't have to download and open a file to give you aid.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...f=102&t=1003739

Hope this helps.

05 May 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread