Old 10-01-2009, 04:36 AM   #1
SheepFactory
Expert
CGSociety Member
portfolio
x y
Canada

Softimage free scripts and plugins.

I think it is good for everyone that we have a sticky thread for the great scripts and plugins that get posted here so we can all easily find what we are looking for and not have to hunt old threads.

--

Please post the links to the scripts\plugins you use or created with a name, short description and the link to where it can be downloaded.

Please do not have a discussion in this thread so we can keep it easy to browse.

-A

Old 10-01-2009, 07:09 AM   #2
ShaderOp
iAnimate student

portfolio
Mohammad Abdulfatah
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Geometry Constraint Plug-In

Description
A scripted operator that constrains an objectís position and (optionally) rotation to the surface of a polygonal mesh. Similar to the "Geometry Constraint" in Maya.

Latest Version
v1.2 (10/2/2009)

Link
http://shaderop.com/softimage/geometry-constraint/

Last edited by ShaderOp : 10-02-2009 at 08:14 PM.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:15 AM   #3
ShaderOp
iAnimate student

portfolio
Mohammad Abdulfatah
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Shape Tools Addon

Description
A set of scripted operators for splitting blend shapes using weight maps or symmetry. Useful for facial rigging and animation.

Latest Version
v1.0 (9/23/2009)

Link
http://shaderop.com/softimage/shape-tools/

Old 11-23-2009, 04:20 AM   #4
EricTRocks
Veteran

portfolio
Eric Thivierge
Character TD
Animal Logic
Australia

Send a message via AIM to EricTRocks
ET_Pickup

Inspired by ZV_Parent and various other plug-ins for Maya that creates an easy work flow for animators to add, deactivate, and remove constraints.

You can view a short demo and download the plug-in here:
http://ethivierge.com/plug-ins/et_pickup/

Please let me know if there are questions, comments, or issues.

NOTE:
This plug-in is now functional for 6.5 >
Uninstall previous version, install new file downloaded at the same link.
http://www.exocortex.com/Species/

Last edited by EricTRocks : 11-23-2009 at 03:40 PM.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:26 AM   #5
mic
Frequenter

portfolio
Michor Lu
Freelancer
Cape Town, South Africa

Duplicate/Clone Objects along a curve

This is just a simple script that I wrote in Python a while back to duplicate/clone objects along a curve. I wrote it when I was trying to learn python scripting in Softimage (I'm still learning). It's always a great pleasure to break away from my usual modeling and texturing projects to do something different. Anyway, I hope you guys find it useful.

Installation: Copy this file to your plugins directory in your Workgroup or User directory (which ever you prefer) and restart Softimage.

Usage: On the MCP panel, goto Edit -> Dup_on_Curve. Select the object you wish to duplicate or clone then select the curve, and then click Get. Type in the number of duplicates/clones then click Duplicate or Clone.

Note: I think there is already a similar plugin for the same function but I think it's only compiled for 32bit. So if you use 32 bit, it's probably better to use that one. Another thing is that I'm more of an artist than a scripter, so this script is rather crude and simple in function so let me know if there's any issues. And one last thing, you need to install and get python working on Softimage.

Link:
http://cghub.com/scripts/view/144/

Available for freelance

--
Blog -- Portfolio -- Ten --

Last edited by mic : 03-27-2010 at 10:10 AM.

Old 10-16-2010, 03:51 PM   #6
neso
artist in attempt

portfolio
Nenad Gucunja
Graphic Master Blaster
Novi Sad, Serbia

Create multiple cluster centers

It creates individual cluster center for every component selected,
and then it sets neutral pose for them.Useful for rigging.
Command can be found in right click menu, and EDIT tab.

Jscript
Code:
// Create Multiple Cluster Centers Plugin // Initial code generated by XSI SDK Wizard // e.xecuted Thu Apr 2 03:09:14 UTC+0200 2009 by memag // // Tip: To add a command to this plug-in, right-click in the // script editor and choose Tools > Add Command. // // Tip: To get help on a callback, highlight the callback name // (for example, "Init", "Define", or "e.xecute") and press F1. function XSILoadPlugin( in_reg ) { in_reg.Author = "memag"; in_reg.Name = "Create Multiple Cluster CentersPlugin"; in_reg.Email = ""; in_reg.URL = ""; in_reg.Major = 1; in_reg.Minor = 0; in_reg.RegisterCommand("Create_Multiple_Cluster_Centers","Create_Multiple_Cluster_Centers"); in_reg.RegisterMenu(siMenu3DViewComponentContextID ,"Create_Multiple_Cluster_Centers_Menu",false,false); in_reg.RegisterMenu(siMenuMCPEditID,"Create_Multiple_Cluster_Centers_Menu",false,false); //RegistrationInsertionPoint - do not remove this line return true; } function XSIUnloadPlugin( in_reg ) { var strPluginName; strPluginName = in_reg.Name; Application.LogMessage(strPluginName + " has been unloaded.",siVerbose); return true; } function Create_Multiple_Cluster_Centers_Init( in_ctxt ) { var oCmd; oCmd = in_ctxt.Source; oCmd.Description = ""; oCmd.ReturnValue = true; return true; } function Create_Multiple_Cluster_Centers_e.xecute( ) { Application.LogMessage("Create_Multiple_Cluster_Centers_e.xecute called",siVerbose); // var oProgressBar = XSIUIToolkit.ProgressBar ; if (selection.count != 0) { var objs = Selection.Count; for (i = 0; i < objs; i++) { var component = Selection(0).SubComponent.ComponentCollection; for (i = 0; i < component.Count; i++) { var sel = component(i); oProgressBar.Maximum = component.Count ; oProgressBar.Caption = "Creating Cluster Center for " + sel; oProgressBar.CancelEnabled = false ; oProgressBar.Visible = true; oProgressBar.Value =i; CreateClusterCenterWithNull(sel, 0) var selo = GetValue("SelectionList"); SetNeutralPose(selo, siSRT, false); SetValue(selo+".null.primary_icon", 0, null); SetValue(selo+".null.shadow_icon",2, null); SetValue(selo+".null.shadow_scaleX", 0.4, null); SetValue(selo+".null.shadow_scaleY", 0.4, null); SetValue(selo+".null.shadow_scaleZ", 0.4, null); SetValue(selo+".null.shadow_colour_custom", true, null); SetValue(selo+".null.R", 0.717136, null); SetValue(selo+".null.G", 1, null); SetValue(selo+".null.B", 0.004, null); SetValue(selo+".Name", [sel]+" ClusterCenter "+(i+1)); DeselectAll(); if ( oProgressBar.CancelPressed ) break ; oProgressBar.Visible = false ; } } } else { logmessage ("Select some COMPONENTS !"); } // return true; } function Create_Multiple_Cluster_Centers_Menu_Init( in_ctxt ) { var oMenu; oMenu = in_ctxt.Source; oMenu.AddCommandItem("Create Multiple Cluster Centers","Create_Multiple_Cluster_Centers"); return true; }

Old 10-17-2010, 10:48 AM   #7
pBarrelas
Architect

portfolio
Paulo Barrelas
Architect/3D Generalist
ULTRADIGITAL
Condeixa, Portugal

Send a message via MSN to pBarrelas
ET Rename

ET Rename, a very useful plugin written in Python that renames objects inside your scene with various options. Its compatible with version 6.0 and up.
You can get it here, I don't have Softimage in front of me right now but I think you can get it by going to the Edit on the MCP.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:01 AM   #8
pBarrelas
Architect

portfolio
Paulo Barrelas
Architect/3D Generalist
ULTRADIGITAL
Condeixa, Portugal

JJ Catmull

JJ_Catmull is a rudimentary Catmull-Rom curve tool for XSI. Unlike the built in curve types, this plugin constructs a curve from selected Nulls and ensures that the curve passes through each null directly - unlike the control points of regular cubic and quadratic beziers. A Catmull-Rom spline has local control. This means that modifying one control point only affects the part of the curve near that control point. It can't possibly match the functionality of in-built curve types but in certain circumstances it can be useful for rigging where you need a smooth, simple curve that always passes through specific points. For modeling tasks, the operator can evenly space points along the curve (unlike the parametric placement of points on the in-built curve types) which makes it useful for extrusions etc. where you might need regular spaced polygons.
Benefits:

-Create a smooth curve that passes through all control points;
-Tangent controls for the start and end points;
-'Live', even spacing of control points - by length or by no. of segments;

Get it here .

Old 10-17-2010, 11:03 AM   #9
pBarrelas
Architect

portfolio
Paulo Barrelas
Architect/3D Generalist
ULTRADIGITAL
Condeixa, Portugal

JJ Vector Snap

JJ_VectorSnap is a simple modeling utility written in Python to snap tagged points to a vector defined by two 'picked' points. It's useful for quickly aligning rows of points or shearing them to a specific position. The script enables you to lock any of the axes so that movement is constrained or, alternatively, in non-locked mode will snap points to the nearest point on that vector. The script also has an optional 'uniform' command which spreads the points out uniformly along the length of the vector (between the two picked points). The script is intended to be complementary to Andy Nicholas's excellent Taut plugin which works on edges.

-Quick and accurate way of shearing and aligning points to vectors;
-Can optionally spread points out uniformly;

Get it here.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:21 PM   #10
pBarrelas
Architect

portfolio
Paulo Barrelas
Architect/3D Generalist
ULTRADIGITAL
Condeixa, Portugal

JJ Snap to Plane

JJ_SnapToPlane is a simple modelling utility to snap points to a 'virtual' infinite plane defined by a single polygon. The tool offers three distinct modes:

-Direct Snap - vertices travel directly to the plane across the shortest possible distance;
-Edge Directed Snap - vertices travel along the vector defined by an attached edge until they reach the plane;
-Single Edge Directed Snap - all vertices move in the direction of a single vector until they reach the plane;

You can found it here .

Old 10-17-2010, 06:33 PM   #11
pBarrelas
Architect

portfolio
Paulo Barrelas
Architect/3D Generalist
ULTRADIGITAL
Condeixa, Portugal

Andy Nicholas's Taut

Description
This XSI addon was formerly a VBScript operator but is now written in C++ for performance reasons.

Taut is a C++ modelling operator for straightening edges. It features an intelligent algorithm that searches your current selection for distinct lines, which allows multiple edges to be straightened at once. It also features three modes of operation that provide different ways of distributing the vertices along the lines. See the walk through and to download here .

Old 12-17-2010, 11:04 AM   #12
kalas
portfolio
yogi
tickle bug
HYd, India

hi im new to softimage im working on tree simulation ( strand tree plug in) , but in that im not getting the simulate tree & Move tree nodes , in some tutor they have showed by connecting simulate tree & Move tree nodes we can simulate the object , how to get simulate tree & Move tree nodes (is it other plug in ?)

Old 02-15-2011, 03:30 PM   #13
Vargas0001
portfolio
Chris Covelli
Tarrytown, USA

Grow Rig System Beta

Hello,

I'd like to share a little pluggin I've been developing over the past year or so in between jobs. I call it The Grow Rig System, and it's basically a simple auto rigger with a character mesh already attached. Sort of a combination of a rigging tool and a modeling tool.

Here's a demo video:

http://www.kylevargas.net/growrig/d...w_rig_demo.html

It's a very simple tool, definitely a work in progress. I've certainly seen more advanced rig builders out there, but I feel the ideas my system centers around are very strong.

There are many features I have in mind to add to this system but I must admit my scripting and rigging skills are limited. Any feedback

would be a great help, but what I'm really hoping for are any riggers and scripters who would be up for working with me to improve and add to it.

Here's where to download the files:

http://kylevargas.net/growrig/beta.html

So, if you're interested in any capacity whatsoever, feel free to use it, test it, let me know what you think. And again, if you're interested in working on it with me I'd love to hear from you.

Enjoy!

-Chris Covelli

Old 02-21-2011, 02:13 PM   #14
Stefan.k

keyvis QMenu

A free, customizable Quad Menu system for Softimage similar to that of 3dsmax and Mirai.
The main purpose is to give artists the ability to customize easily-accessible menus
exactly to their needs (e.g. filling them with tools they use most frequently).
Users coming from 3dsMax might find it useful too.

For download, documentation and videos visit http://www.keyvis.at/?page_id=68

Old 02-22-2011, 08:07 PM   #15
Bullit
Lord of the posts

Hello Stefan, thanks, i worked with AliasStudio long ago and there was an excellent option in a menu like that when the scene had lots of objects. When cursor hit more than one object it listed all objects under the cursor in a menu like yours and made possible to select one. Do you think it is possible to achieve that with your menu?

reply share thread