sIBL_GUI For Softimage

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 08 August 2009   #31
Hello

XSI_MR Template has been updated. Here are the Highlights :

- Shadow Catching Ground.
- Smart IBL Controls.
- Display Layers.

Shadow Catching Ground

Smart IBL Controls

The Template is available from the Online Updater

Enjoy !

KS

Old 08 August 2009   #32
Hi Kel,

That looks great. I've updated the new template, and when I run 'execute load script' , it gives me this error message in the script editor.

Any idea? Thanks. (Im on xsi 7.01 vista x64, sIBL worked fine before)

' ERROR : 2000 - File not found - C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\XSI_Temp_4740 \sIBL_XSI_Import.js
' ERROR : Path not found - [line 262 in C:\Users\Administrator\Softimage\XSI_7.01\Addons\s IBL_GUI_For_XSI\Application\Plugins\sIBL_GUI_For_X SI.js]
' ERROR : Property Page Script Logic Error (Microsoft JScript runtime error)
' ERROR : [260] {
' ERROR : [261] cTemporaryVariablePath = XSIUtils.Environment.Item("TEMP");
' ERROR : >[262] Application.ExecuteScript(cTemporaryVariablePath + "\\" + "sIBL_XSI_Import.js", "JScript");
' ERROR : [263] }
' ERROR : [264] else
' ERROR : [265] {
' ERROR : Path not found

Last edited by vauric : 08 August 2009 at 02:46 PM.

Old 08 August 2009   #33
Hi Vauric,

I think that is happening because you are using the Standalone and it outputs the Loader Script in the Windows "TEMP" environment variable :

Something like :

C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\sIBL_XSI_Import  .js

But XSI is looking for something like this because he is using it's own "TEMP" folder :

C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\XSI_Temp_3500\s  IBL_XSI_Import.js

If that's the problem there are currently two solutions :

- Use sIBL_GUI XSI Addon, so sIBL_GUI is started from XSI and can use the same "TEMP" variable.
- Use the "Send To Software" and the XSI_Server_Addon.

I'll refactor the way the Loader Script Output is handled in the next Major release ( 2.5 or 3.0 ) so that problem should disappear.
Let me know if that works for you !

KS

Edit : Scratch what I wrote, there is still that problem but your issue is different, I did a search and replace in the code when refactoring the Template yesterday, and changed by error the name of the output script :

OutputScript = @OutputScript | sIBL_XSI_Import.js | String | Output Script

to

OutputScript = @OutputScript | sIBL_XSI_MR_Import.js | String | Output Script

You can correct it back if you want but I'll rerelease now Thanks for your Feedback !

KS

Last edited by Kel Solaar : 08 August 2009 at 03:11 PM.

Old 08 August 2009   #34
I've updated the template now. It works fine. I love the extra controls you've added. Great help for compositing. (ground catcher, easily turn off background).

Keep up the good work.

Cheers.

Old 08 August 2009   #35
Glad its fixed now

KS

Old 08 August 2009   #36
Hi,

ok a bit late to the party, but better late than never.

just saw this over the weekend...

Thomas... Absolutely Stunning Work. Thank you.

Cheers
Terry

Old 08 August 2009   #37
Originally Posted by Letterbox: Hi,

ok a bit late to the party, but better late than never.

just saw this over the weekend...

Thomas... Absolutely Stunning Work. Thank you.

Cheers
Terry

Thanks, don't hesitate if you have any ideas, or features request

Old 08 August 2009   #38
Hello XSI Users !

sIBL_GUI 2.1.0 is released !

I added a feature that I find really practical : a ReWire Widget :

Basically, it lets you ReWire / Remap the different Components to either another Component or whatever Image you want. It's something easy but really powerfull because with this feature you can nearlly dynamically generate your IBL Sets by taking whatever Image you want.

You can for example keep the Background of your current Set, Change it's lighting with the Lighting of another IBL Set and finally use a custom image for the Reflections.

And finally with this you can just use sIBL_GUI to load whatever HDR you want and have a fast and easy setup.

Following that ReWire Widget I created 3 Blank Skeletton Sets I called ReWires. They contain nothing and are empty but they are terribly usefull for the last point I suggested because you can create a simple HDRI Setup in a matter of seconds using one of the provided Skelettons Rewire Sets.

The ReWire Sets are available here for download : http://kelsolaar.hdrlabs.com/?dir=Smart%20IBL%20Sets

Happy Rendering !

KS

Old 09 September 2009   #39
finally got around to playing with this today, and I gotta say- great work man! saves me loads of time manually setting up HDR's and whatnot. The best part is that I can keep all of my HDR's in an easy to use library that I can pull from at any time, and load with just a few clicks.

Old 09 September 2009   #40
Hi Eldee

Glad you like it ! I have planned a bit of refactoring, but I'm a bit flooded by work lately, so it will wait a bit

KS

Old 09 September 2009   #41
Hello o/

Matt Rouleau from The Embassy, kindly reported me an issue with the last XSI MR Releases : The Options I added to have Gain / Gamma Controls are problematic because I was using the Color_Correction Node which is producing incorrectness in the Output.

I don't really know what's happening but basically the values are not clamped but it's like there is a Color Space change that should not occur.

I updated the Template with a Home Made Gamma Shading Branch that should correct that wrong behavior.

Let me know if there are any problems, I'm really flooded lately and can't really test deeply the stuff I'm deploying ( hence that Color_Correct issue, with more tests I should have spotted it :( )

Every sIBL_GUI User should consider updating their Template to the 1.5.5 Release.

Have Fun o/

KS

Last edited by Kel Solaar : 09 September 2009 at 09:44 PM.

Old 09 September 2009   #42
Hello o/

sIBL_GUI_XSI_Server has been compiled for Softimage XSI 2010 :

Here is the build :

http://kelsolaar.hdrlabs.com/?dir=....ver/Stable/2010

Sorry for the delay, I'm totally flooded at work

Enjoy !

KS

Old 10 October 2009   #43
Hello

sIBL_GUI 2.1.1 Is Out !

- sIBL_GUI_FTP is now starting Download automatically when invoked, "Start Download" Button has been removed.
- sIBL_GUI now restores the last visited folder.
- Render Combo Box added in the Import Tab ( Usefull when you have multiple Templates for a Renderer ).

Btw I got a merging issue with my VCS software, if you see weird stuff with Templates ( they should be fixed but it's a lot of lines ) don't hesitate to report it !

Have Fun !

KS

Old 10 October 2009   #44
Hello o/

There is a problem in XSI_MR.sIBLT 1.5.6 Template Header ( Branch Merging Issues of the last sIBL_GUI 2.1.1 Release ). The 1.5.7 Version fix that !

KS

Old 11 November 2009   #45
Hello

Here is the XSI Server Addon for XSI 2010 SP 1 :

http://kelsolaar.hdrlabs.com/?dir=..../2010/8.0.249.0

KS

reply share thread