sIBL_GUI For Softimage

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 11 November 2008   #16
Steady development Kel Solaar! 5-stars.

Old 11 November 2008   #17
Compiling sIBL_GUI for 6.02 and 6.05?

I asked Kel Solar for lower versions compatibility and if it's ok to compile the sIBL_GUI. Is somebody out there who is able to do this??? Sorry for disturbing this thread with this...
This is what he said:

The code source of sIBL_GUI is available as the software is open source but it's not with him that the XSI 6.0 and 6.5 must be dealt, because he is blind and software independant, it's the template used for XSI 7.0 that need to be modified and adapted for XSI 6.5 / 6.02.

There is a browsable archive here with all the XSI Templates versions:

http://kelsolaar.hdrlabs.com/?dir=....es/Mental%20Ray

If you have some friends that can update one of the versions for XSI 6.5/6.02 don't hesitate to ask him (It would be a real time gain for me) and I will include it in the archive, etc
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers,

Old 11 November 2008   #18
Thumbs up

Oh I made a mistake: It's the current XSI template that needs to be tweaked to work under XSI 6.02/6.5!

Old 07 July 2009   #19
sIBL_GUI - 2.0.0

Hello o/

sIBL_GUI - 2.0.0 Is Out !

There was a lot of Code Refactoring and New Features Introduced in sIBL_GUI - 2.0.0, here is a Quick Summary :

- Improved XSI Template to deal with Dynamic Lights
- sIBL V2 File Format Support ( Dynamic Lights, and New Parameters ).
- Refined UI.
- Splashscreen.
- GPS Map With Zoom / Pan.
- Multiple Manuals.
- Online Update With Templates / sIBL_GUI Version Checking.
- Multiple Manuals
- And A Truck Load Of Code Refactoring Under The Hood ( New Logger, New Functions / Method Call Tracer, Refined Parser, FTP Code, New Settings, So Many Other Changes That I Can't Remember ).

Check the Full Change Log for more Informations : Complete Change Log

Christian will update the SmartIBL Archive in a few hours with V2 IBLs. Check them out at HDRLabs.

Enjoy !

KS

Last edited by Kel Solaar : 07 July 2009 at 06:59 AM.

Old 07 July 2009   #20
Many thanks Kel Solaar. I think most people don't know how this tool is usefull in Softimage.

Old 07 July 2009   #21
can someone give a brief explanation of exactly what this is?

The author has just said, "hello world, here it is", and I have a general idea, but what does it do exactly? Curious.

Old 07 July 2009   #22
Originally Posted by adrencg: can someone give a brief explanation of exactly what this is?

The author has just said, "hello world, here it is", and I have a general idea, but what does it do exactly? Curious.

http://smartibl.com/ is where you can get the most informations about what it does

basically It's a one click Image Based Lighting solution. You select a sIBL Set that you have downloaded at HDRLabs or some other places that support / will support the format. You click on one button and it will setup the Lighting in the scene using the sIBL Set.

Otherwise 2.0.1 is out with a nasty Windows bug corrected that was preventing the download of Templates / Help Files.

Enjoy !

KS

Old 07 July 2009   #23
Thanks for the help.

Last edited by adrencg : 07 July 2009 at 02:24 AM.

Old 07 July 2009   #24
It is an integrated solution to HDR's. In short the Sibl file is prepared for a specific HDR and will build automatically the sun light(or other) in correct position for the scene. You don't have to find where is the sun in HDR and put a light there. And better reflections in the scene are made from a low resolution image not by the High quality HDR that usually increases several fold the render times.

Old 07 July 2009   #25
Just wanna add how great this tool is. One click solution to get hdr lighting is a brilliant idea.

I love now just placing random meshes and doing random lighting checks with this tool.

Even a sphere looks awesome now.

Providing this free as well is fantastic!

Cheers

Old 07 July 2009   #26
Hi o/

Thx for the feedback Vauric

Some people were having issues with the Addon and the GPS Map not being properlly copied, I repackaged everything and the GPS Map is now a JPG. Standalone users didn't had this problem.

KS

Old 07 July 2009   #27
sIBL_GUI 2.0.5 is out !

What's new in this release :
- A bug that was preventing Custom Browser / Text Editor usage has been corrected.
- The FTP Code has been refactored.
- It's now possible to choose which Templates you want to download.
- Some other things, check the full Change Log for more informations.

The Manual / Help Files bug still not resolved since I don't currently have a network to test it.

Have Fun !

KS

Old 07 July 2009   #28
Hello,

sIBL_GUI 2.0.6 is released to correct the new "Browsing" bug I introduced in the 2.0.5.

KS

Old 07 July 2009   #29
Hello,

sIBL_GUI 2.0.7 Is Out !

It's mainly a Maintenance Release, some Qt behavior where the Manual / Help Files weren't properly loaded from a Windows Server Path has been worked around.
There is also a better verbose when the Remote Connection failed ( Error Type is outputted ).

Voilą

KS

Old 07 July 2009   #30
sIBL_GUI 2.0.8 Is Released !

I discovered a Bug where more Templates were Downloaded than those chosen, so I corrected it with some other Code Cleanup.

Enjoy

KS

reply share thread