Blocky rendering and weird artefacts, help!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2012   #1
Blocky rendering and weird artefacts, help!

Hiya.

Using Softimage and mr to render, all with default settings which have worked fine with a different pc. Result I'm getting when rendering a composition can be seen in the linked video. Single frames are fine, no artefacts there and everything else is also "clean".

Just got a new pc (i7 3770k, Ati Firepro V5900 display adapter, 16gb ram). Driver for the display adapter should be the latest ones (8.982.2.0). Any ideas what might be causing this? I should get work done by the end of this weekend so I'm quite desperate..

Link for the video:
http://sdrv.ms/O8VqJh

Old 09 September 2012   #2
Could you provide a screenshot instead of this link? Or, if seeing it move is essential to diagnosing it, place it on vimeo? I think you'd get a more immediate response. Honestly, I want to help, but I don't want to click on you're weird link, or download movie files. In fact, I waited until I was at work to download, in case it was infectious.

That said, I looked at the video, and it looks like a simple matter of compression. My recommendation is to always render to a frame sequence (I'm assuming you didn't), then composite the sequence together in the Softimage compositor layout. Besides that, you'll find some really great tools in SI compositing to take your work even further.

Assuming this is not a screen capture, this is a render? If so, it has nothing to do with your video.

3D Models
@ Turbosquid

my Scripts

Old 09 September 2012   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread