|04 April 2013||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chaos Group to Spotlight V-Ray’s Success in ILM Production Pipeline at FMX 2013
Elite Team of Presenters Offer Major Film Walkthroughs, V-Ray Lighting and Shading Workshop, and Dedicated Day for Students
FMX 2013, Stuttgart, Germany – April 16, 2013 – At FMX 2013, Chaos Group will demonstrate how V-Ray encourages artistry across every stage of a user’s career through a series of presentations that target the needs of VFX professionals and students.
The premier presentation features Jeroen Schulte, Image Pipeline Lead at Industrial Light & Magic , who will give attendees an exclusive look at how the world-famous studio rendered shots on some of 2012’s biggest blockbusters with the help of V-Ray’s advanced ray tracing capabilities.
The presentations continue with a talk by Niklas Jacobson -- VFX supervisor and co-founder of Important Looking Pirates (ILP) -- which will pinpoint the specific V-Ray tools ILP used to create the CG creatures and environments found in the Oscar-nominated, “Kon-Tiki.” Animation fans can also expect a first-hand look at the new trailer for “Portals ” - an animated short created by Studio Sokerov and Bulgarian artist, Viktor Mazhelkov.
In an effort to give artists of all levels a helping hand, Chaos Group will provide a free V-Ray master class entitled, “Setting up a V-Ray Lighting and Shading Pipeline.” In addition, April 24 has been dubbed “Student Day,” and will see the team hosting a day of presentations and tutorials that focus entirely on 3D artists in training.
Complete Presentation and Activity Schedule
● “Setting up a V-Ray Lighting and Shading Pipeline,” by Konstantin Gaytandzhiev of Chaos Group – April 23, 2013, 10:00-11:00 a.m. at Raum Karlsruhe
● “Rendering Superpower: V-Ray in Production at ILM,” by Jeroen Schulte of Industrial Light & Magic. Featured films include: “The Avengers,” “Transformers: Dark of the Moon,” and more. – April 23, 2013, 12:00-1:00 p.m. at Raum Karlsruhe
● “Kon-Tiki: Real-Life Graphics for Real-Life Heroes,” by Niklas Jacobson of Important Looking Pirates – April 25, 2013, 3:00-4:00 p.m. at Raum Mannheim
● “Student Day” series of 30-minute tutorials on topics like lighting, shading basics, render elements with V-Ray, etc. – April 24, 2013, all day at the Chaos Group FMX Marketplace booth
● “Portals” trailer unveiling – every day at the Chaos Group FMX Marketplace booth
For more information on what Chaos Group will be doing at FMX, please visit http://fmx2013.chaosgroup.com/ and watch for updates on Twitter (@ChaosGroup ). If you are interested in a meeting with Chaos Group at FMX, please contact Angelina Penkova: email@example.com.
About Chaos Group
Chaos Group is a leading provider of innovative rendering solutions for the media, entertainment, and design industries. For over a decade our flagship rendering software, V-Ray®, has set the standard for speed, quality, reliability and ease of use, and it has become the rendering engine of choice for renowned international studios. We work closely with our customers from around the world to ensure we’re creating the best tools for their workflow. Inspired by their imaginative creations, we passionately pursue advances in rendering technology and continue to improve the software needed to communicate their vision.
We proudly support the 3D community with our advanced software solutions: V-Ray® for Autodesk® 3ds Max®, V-Ray® for Autodesk® Maya®, V-Ray® for Autodesk® Softimage®, V-Ray® for Rhino®, V-Ray® for SketchUp®, Phoenix FD and Pdplayer.
Angelina Penkova, firstname.lastname@example.org
Colin McLaughlin, (503) 796-9822, email@example.com
|04 April 2013||#2|
Join Date: Sep 2003
Thread automatically closed
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
|Thread Closed share thread|