Faq

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 05 May 2008   #61
Unhappy i'm having a hard time posting

I'm having a hard time posting an entry,

Is my description too long?
Is my work too big?
Doens't the upload script like my color scheme?

I don't know.... all i get is redirected to a blank form without knowing if there was or wasn't an error... i'm following the guidelines ( 2560x1600 72dpi 8bits jpg)... can a moderator point me to the right direction?

edit: tried with a really short description, still no luck.... anyone?

edit 2: got the thread to iniate, guess its just a matter of time before the image appears, the "try to keep under 2Mbs at 90% quality" turned to "2Mbs limit, dont bother about the 90% quality" ...

Last edited by MadeInUterus : 05 May 2008 at 09:40 PM. Reason: update on tryout but still no luck

Old 05 May 2008   #62
can we have our canvas like 1600 x 2560 pixel ??Nobody asked this before.And where should we post wip images?!

Last edited by MaryamNademi : 05 May 2008 at 01:55 PM.

Old 06 June 2008   #63
is it ok if i post the entry in my gallery portfolio and link it to that page ?

something is dreadfully wrong ... not able to post anything ... :(

please help :(

Old 06 June 2008   #64
you are not alone, me and several others have been having broken image uploads... hopefully they will correct the issue as soon as possible...

Old 06 June 2008   #65
Originally Posted by MadeInUterus: you are not alone, me and several others have been having broken image uploads... hopefully they will correct the issue as soon as possible...

i sure hope so dude .. coz it's kinda wierd seeing so many of my posts with nothing in it lol

Old 06 June 2008   #66
thank you guys very much for the fixing the post problem ...appreciated

Old 06 June 2008   #67
yup! .. much appreciated!

can we post our work in the portfolio gallery?

Old 06 June 2008   #68
Any comment??? Mods!!
Originally Posted by MaryamNademi:
can we have our canvas like 1600 x 2560 pixel ??Nobody asked this before.And where should we post wip images?!

Old 06 June 2008   #69
it's been asked before... images need to be landscape format. if you want to submit a portrait then scale it to the required height and fill the rest with black bars

Old 06 June 2008   #70
Hello everybody, my first post here.

Originally Posted by ManuelM: it's been asked before... images need to be landscape format. if you want to submit a portrait then scale it to the required height and fill the rest with black bars

Regarding this, vertical images loose a lot of quality if posted this way, there's much less visible detail than horizontal ones. I would really like to know if it's not possible to post a 1600x2560 image.
Thanks

Old 06 June 2008   #71
Originally Posted by Ob3ron: Hello everybody, my first post here.

Regarding this, vertical images loose a lot of quality if posted this way, there's much less visible detail than horizontal ones. I would really like to know if it's not possible to post a 1600x2560 image.
Thanks

i abolutely agree with you. it'd be great if portrait submissions were allowed and i think it somehow contradicts the idea of a creative challenge when you force the artwork into a certain aspect ratio.
unfortunately it seems the rules are that images must be submitted in landscape format and we have to live with it.
maybe a moderator could clarify the format question once and for all???

Old 06 June 2008   #72
Originally Posted by Ob3ron: Hello everybody, my first post here.

Thanks

YES PLEASE!PORTRAIT.................

Old 06 June 2008   #73
I just heard about this contest and I feel bad to not participate in this kind of contest.
I would like to ask if its possible to submit my entry on the last date of submission.

Please......thanks

Old 06 June 2008   #74
Originally Posted by topherus: I just heard about this contest and I feel bad to not participate in this kind of contest.
I would like to ask if its possible to submit my entry on the last date of submission.

Please......thanks

There are no restrictions -- you can post on the last day if you want... BUT be warned that we are not responsable for any dificulties you may have uploading, or for any internet problems. I strongly advise that you try to upload at lease a day before the competition closes so you dont miss out.

Mark Snoswell. President, The CGSociety. Director, Ballistic Media.

Old 06 June 2008   #75
Originally Posted by MaryamNademi: YES PLEASE!PORTRAIT.................

The image format is designed for diaplay on screens. This is a requirment from the sponsor, NVIDIA. We at least picked the largest screen resolution normally in use.

Mark Snoswell. President, The CGSociety. Director, Ballistic Media.

reply share thread