Faq

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 05 May 2008   #46
Originally Posted by pedrojafet: Dear MarkSnoswell,
I'd like to know if is permited upload a WIP print-screen to show some used technics applyed in the uploaded illustration.
Thanks and congratulations about the contest.
BR,
Pedro Jafet

You can link to images in posts - reply to the thread of your entry and link to any WIP images you have.

Twitter: salmonmoose

Old 05 May 2008   #47
Originally Posted by Tmatso: Is 72 DPI enough ?

DPI is irrelevant - the only thing that matters is that the pixel dimensions are correct.

Old 05 May 2008   #48
Originally Posted by ManuelM: during the judging process will submissions be reviewd in hires (2560*1600)? because a lot of detail gets lost in the downsized images that are attached to the individual threads.

yes

Old 05 May 2008   #49
question ...

I have question ...

I submitted my design in Challenge by this page ...

http://events.cgsociety.org/NVArt/03/submit.php

I don't see my Share on challenge page ?
I send the design before 48 hours ...

Is the process takes a long time?

Only for reassurance ...

Last edited by mohammedbood : 05 May 2008 at 06:45 PM.

Old 05 May 2008   #50
My Entry not showing up on Submission page

I'm just wondering if there is supposed to be a delay in the time you upload your work to the time it is displayed on the "View all Entries" page and in the forum pages? I read some of the posts on the FAQ and most ppl seem to think that removing quotation marks and special characters from the description should work... I doubt that is the case since the text input section is totally different from the coding or whatever to let you upload and display image.

My Image is 2560 x 1600 at 1.45 MB total less than 2 MB. Should I just wait till it is updated or should I start worrying that my entry will never be seen by the judges? lol. I uploaded May 26, 2008. Please let me know.

Thanks.

Old 05 May 2008   #51
Picture not found after multiple tentatives

I've got the same problem than you cbsee. My file size is 1.45 Mo and I cannot see my upload also. I think the delay is too short for those who has slow connection like me. I wonder if there is another way for submitting entry...
For the next tentative I'll try to reduce my file size to lower than 1 mb. But I lose in terms of image quality. Hope it will works anyway...

Last edited by rvkone : 05 May 2008 at 07:47 PM.

Old 05 May 2008   #52
Overview

You can see an overview of my entry on my avatar till I manage the uploading problem

Old 05 May 2008   #53
Can someone please post another solution to why these images are noy submitting, besides the qoatation marks , i tried that and still no image

Old 05 May 2008   #54
Post your Entry on the WIP Forums (Work In Progress). It will be considerably reduced in quality as well as size, but at least the judges will not have an excuse to say they never saw your entry hehehe. Put a link in your entry on the "View all Entries" page to link the WIP post. Hope this helps a little and I hope they fix this soon cause no one seems to be monitoring these forums. :(

Thanks

Old 05 May 2008   #55
The posting is working for me - well once I posted something the right size.

try a short description like "description" and reply to your own thread with the actual description and see if I've missed something else.

Old 05 May 2008   #56
the only time the the post goes foward is when it is the exact size , otherwise the submit page appears again ...but when i post at 2560 by 1600 ...under 2mb blank post all blank ...id like to think after being in challenges before i am capable of following the guideline. whats up?

Old 05 May 2008   #57
Someone should contact the Administrator of the forum and ask him/her to clean up the CHallenge Thread, it has already more than 20 empty posts. My guess is that somehow thread put a limit on the quantity of works posted or a limit of memory, or smth like that; which means that u can post ur work but it's not gonna show up bcz there is not enough space for it no more. Just a guess. Only administartor can solve the problem or the guy who keeps the server running, it seems like it's an SQL one.

Old 05 May 2008   #58
help with the uploading

help with the uploading!!!
please i try evrithing and nothing works

Old 05 May 2008   #59
Worked it out Don't worry if you've got multiple entries the same we can work it out for voting.

Sorry for the inconvinience

Old 05 May 2008   #60
Talking

thank you very much

reply share thread