Faq

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

05 May 2008
hello Mark!

depiction of single semi nude female ( painted/3d model ) along with the design elements ..
is it allowed?

thanks,
neville

05 May 2008
Hi Mark,
How much do I have to wait before they see my picture published?

05 May 2008
Smile hello Mark

I already uploaded 4 works of mine ...is that okay i hope there is no limit on works to be submitted ...
i am having fun with this ... and the contest is definitley meant for people like me ....
most of the work i created within a span of 2 weeks ...
i also need to know wether in he end the person who gets the price need to send in the original source of his work .. or something like that ...??

thank u all for arranging such a contest....

05 May 2008
Depiction of semi nude female -- sounds OK if it's done testefully.

4 entries -- no problems. There is no limit.

A NVArt book - we are talking about it. Nothing decided yet.

cheers

mark.

Mark Snoswell. President, The CGSociety. Director, Ballistic Media.

05 May 2008
Originally Posted by Bjork: It is my question too.
Is it acceptable to use a fusion of 3D render and Photo manipulated ? or it's forbidden to use any kind of photo ?

hi Mark, think u missed out these 2 posts. though i think u'll already said... i dunno, seems like theres still confusion bout that.

05 May 2008
Originally Posted by eonridr: hi Mark, think u missed out these 2 posts. though i think u'll already said... i dunno, seems like theres still confusion bout that.

You can use photogrphic elements in your image.

Mark Snoswell. President, The CGSociety. Director, Ballistic Media.

05 May 2008
Hello Mark,

I was wondering if there is any way to edit an entry once it has been submitted? I wish to make some ammendments to my recent entry, and it seems a shame if I cannot strengthen my piece before the close of the competition. Thanks.

05 May 2008
hi...
dont know what ive done wrong, but i cant see my entrie in the http://events.cgsociety.org/NVArt/03/entries.php area. i tried it 3 times, now i know that the first both times i hit the 2mb limitation. but the last time it was only 1.80mb large. does anybody know how long i have to wait till i can see my entrie there?

05 May 2008
Is 72 DPI enough ?

05 May 2008
Wink To: freakstar and Tmatso

I have done the same thing as you, Freakstar, I tried uploading the image that was a little more than 2 mbg on the page, and every time it showed me a SQL mistake, but still if you saw, I have like 5 or 6 empty posts, these are my tries. So, if you don't see your work yet when you put it on the site, I would say try again, and also one of the things I did when I read the error report - is try to use simple words and not many quotations marks at ur description. It helped on my 7th try, so I guess it works.
To Tmatso, my image is 72 dpi and looks fine. As long as it's under 2 mb

peace to ya'll

05 May 2008
I just want to apologize for creating multiple threads but I had some problems submitting my entry. Could moderators please delete the empty threads.
I finally figured out what was the problem:
Don't use quotation-marks in your description as in:

DON'T: - DO:

it's ----> it is
it'll ----> it will
don't --> do not

... you get the idea...
regards,
m.

05 May 2008
Originally Posted by MrHappy: Hello Mark,

I was wondering if there is any way to edit an entry once it has been submitted? I wish to make some ammendments to my recent entry, and it seems a shame if I cannot strengthen my piece before the close of the competition. Thanks.

No - you can, however submit again.

Twitter: salmonmoose

05 May 2008
Originally Posted by ManuelM: I just want to apologize for creating multiple threads but I had some problems submitting my entry. Could moderators please delete the empty threads.
I finally figured out what was the problem:
Don't use quotation-marks in your description as in:

DON'T: - DO:

it's ----> it is
it'll ----> it will
don't --> do not

... you get the idea...
regards,
m.

Ah hah! I was wondering what was causing those threads! Seems the new server has some different settings - cheers for that

Twitter: salmonmoose

05 May 2008
Wink Is WIP permited?

Dear MarkSnoswell,
I'd like to know if is permited upload a WIP print-screen to show some used technics applyed in the uploaded illustration.
Thanks and congratulations about the contest.
BR,
Pedro Jafet

05 May 2008
during the judging process will submissions be reviewd in hires (2560*1600)? because a lot of detail gets lost in the downsized images that are attached to the individual threads.

reply share thread