Faq

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 04 April 2008   #16
Can we submit our entry in portrait instead of landscape...?

Old 04 April 2008   #17
Originally Posted by Samione: Can we submit our entry in portrait instead of landscape...?

Fill with black to make up the correct dimension.

The aspect ratio is chosen to match the maximum normal screen resolution -- the images are intended to work well on screen.

Mark Snoswell. President, The CGSociety. Director, Ballistic Media.

Old 04 April 2008   #18
Originally Posted by MarkSnoswell: Fill with black to make up the correct dimension.

The aspect ratio is chosen to match the maximum normal screen resolution -- the images are intended to work well on screen.

Ok that's understandable. Thanks for the reply.

Old 04 April 2008   #19
can i use fully 2D create?! means just use photoshop & illustrator software.

Old 05 May 2008   #20
Originally Posted by toribird: can i use fully 2D create?! means just use photoshop & illustrator software.

The result has to be a clear fusion of 2D and 3D ... we will be judging the result, not how you create it. So I see no problem with using only Photoshop and Ilustrator -- as long as the 3D coponents are convincing.

Last edited by MarkSnoswell : 05 May 2008 at 12:15 AM.

Old 05 May 2008   #21
?

Today I try to submit image. Now I must to wait about notification or sumbiting was wrong?

Old 05 May 2008   #22
sorry

Sorry, today I try ones more, but I can nt understand the result of submiting of image. Is it smth wrong, I made mistake, or submiting need time for preview or...?
Please, help -)

Old 05 May 2008   #23
it could be a problem with image file size. It should be under 2mb. try it should work
staszek@staszekmarek.com

Old 05 May 2008   #24
-)

Thanks. Image size (mb and pixels) 2 checked.
Can be it Firefox 2 bug?
After *uploading* I become the same url http://events.cgsociety.org/NVArt/03/submit.php

Old 05 May 2008   #25
question :)

All entries should be original and not a derivative of existing work, including works previously entered in this competition.

Derivative of existing work? I made a 3d render of a gingerbread house, if I enter the challenge could I atleast borrow the ideas of the gingerbread house? I wouldn't be using the same model etc.

alritey, thank you

Old 05 May 2008   #26
Originally Posted by crishie: All entries should be original and not a derivative of existing work, including works previously entered in this competition.

Derivative of existing work? I made a 3d render of a gingerbread house, if I enter the challenge could I atleast borrow the ideas of the gingerbread house? I wouldn't be using the same model etc.

alritey, thank you

The rule about original works is intended primarily to prevent people from copying other works that are currently under copyright. The old stories such has Hansel and Grettel are in the public domain now and so there is no problem in taking inspiration from them. However another fair interpretation of the rule is to prevent wholesale copying of any another work, wheather it is in the public domain or not.

So -- if you are just taking inspiration from public domain ideas and works, but you are creating something clearly new then there is no problem.

Old 05 May 2008   #27
create topic DesignFusion?

Hello MARK SNOSWELL
I am sorry but the email sent already solved the problem, forgot to leave under 2 megs.

tanks very mutch

Last edited by dogaweb : 05 May 2008 at 05:42 PM.

Old 05 May 2008   #28
Cool Appealing

Hi,
I have one question about the requirements for this competition:
The focus lies more on creating an appealing image or on telling a story/ communicate a message?!? (I guess both of them are important , but maybe someone can give more info about what aspects will be looked at)

thanks Leo

Old 05 May 2008   #29
Photo elements?

I assumed photo elements would be ok, but saw your post :

"3D render and 2D design -- not photograph and 2D design."

Can you clarify? Is 3d + Photo and/or 2d design ok?

Thanks,
Scott

Old 05 May 2008   #30
Originally Posted by SFedor: I assumed photo elements would be ok, but saw your post :

"3D render and 2D design -- not photograph and 2D design."

Can you clarify? Is 3d + Photo and/or 2d design ok?

Thanks,
Scott

It is my question too.
Is it acceptable to use a fusion of 3D render and Photo manipulated ? or it's forbidden to use any kind of photo ?

reply share thread