Uplift Universe - Image Entry: Tomasz Jedruszek

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2008
Uplift Universe - Image Entry: Tomasz Jedruszek

Tomasz Jedruszek is entered in the "Uplift Universe Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Governor

05 May 2008
Concept / pre-visualization: Governor

Firstly : I didn't plan to take a part in this chellenge I have too much work now. Secondly I didn't read Uplift books so have no idea about the universum , yet fragments I've read here make me order a copy of the book and it is already shipping my direction. As I said I am not in the Uplift world but this subject turns me into some ethic and maybe even theologic questioning mood , which I just love it! :)
I mean why humans are the only one race without pathron? Because they are believe in God ,and there for been always protected by Him from alien intrusion?Or maybe the God Himself is our pathron which had uplifted us once in ancient history. Or maybe we've been uplifted but failed on our aproach to become civilized race ? interesting isn't it?
But there is just more questions like that - if we would be uplifted or been uplifted -would we be happier? You don't know what I'm asking? Come on, think what you are REALLY need to life , to be happy? Is it spaceflying makeing you better person ? Personally I just need some fresh air ,green grass and someone who loves me on my side to be happy - if I would be uplifted was I say "at last! FReeeedom!!" or rather " Go to hell ! bloody aliens !" ? Thinking about this I started to sketch to challenge and came up with soemthin like this:

http://www.morano.pl/images/stories/nowysmietnik/smalidea.jpg

Scary idea isn't it? Then I realize I shouldn't take that serious it is only a n art chellenge (sorry about "only" ) and why not paint something more friendly. Then I read more inspirations for this chellege page and find out than Chimps are one of the Uplifted race in the book . Well I consider that's funny idea , and imediatelly Imagine a chimp in the suit as a boss of global corporation :) From the other hand my previous questions still stands : Ok, the chimp is the Governor of the Earth (let say) ,he has unlimited powers ,plenty credits ,fleet , beautyfull women etc etc ...does all those thing makes the monkey happier?

05 May 2008
Work In Progress: Governor

Usually I do not capture steps of WIP , because I don't have time for this, and here is even harder , I just joined this chelleng the day of dealine...
However I found somewhere a very first sketch of this image ,so here it is. As You can see the further image is takeing the subject more seriously rather than concept sketch.

05 May 2008
Final Image: Governor

And the final image ,sorry for lack of WIPs but as I said I just finish my work on thursday and decided to join the challege and in the middle I did paint copletly diferent story wich in the end I decided not to post in chellenge (as too dramatic :) ) and paint my other concept with the chimp. But still I made it look quite serious rather than humoristic. I don't know why ? I really bother about those ethic questions in this matter I just couldn't end this chellenge with silly joke like the sketch. So instead funny monkey we have serious gentelman on the very high position in the universe ,goverment, company ? He has everything and people jumping around him like fools (or jokers) ,but hes face is empty ,automatic, correct - there is no space to dream about fresh air and bannana -no matter how silly it's sounds . Hope You like it.

05 May 2008
I like it very much.
I love the topic and your painting style. something about it feels very 70..
congrats and good luck!

05 May 2008
Excellent style. I really like the smile on that monkey man

05 May 2008
it's like a villian from James Bond in Space

very cool
SECRET AGENT
B-Movie

05 May 2008
Hey Tomasz, cool image!! Really great background!! and like a lot the mood on your image. Congratulations for this great work! Cheers!!

05 May 2008
nice work

nice layout,love the girls.

05 May 2008
great image. it seams you acheved the mood exactly as you planed. congratulations.

05 May 2008
Love the style and I believe your image delivers just what you were going for - which btw is a cool idea. What really sells the piece to me is the style, very graphic, loose and illustrative, sharp. And then, looking at the faces, I catch your idea or, I think, the core of it. Excellent!

BTW I'm not sure if it was intentional, but the picture is not lacking in phallic power symbolilism starting from the amusingly long legged goblet/wine glass he is holding And that is all good and helps sell the image.

05 May 2008
Hi Tomasz
I dont know how i dont see your entry. Really good image. Above all i like their poses. Also the color palette. Very nice image.
Congratulations!!!
Iban

05 May 2008
how come this is the first time i'e seen this??! :0 excellent, love the figures/ expressions.

good luck man.
A

05 May 2008
GREAT WORK! compliments!!

B-movie

Thread Closed share thread