Uplift Universe - Image Entry: Kerem Gogus

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2008   #31
Work In Progress: Flat leaves of the tree

Leaves of the tree on close up looks pretty much flat right now and I have no idea how I'm gonna fix that.

Old 04 April 2008   #32
Work In Progress: Overall Look

This is the overall look of my scene so far. Things left to do:

+ Winged Dolphins flying to the mother ship.

+ A much much better lighting.

+ Some post effects and ringed planets and stars on the background after the final render.

Old 04 April 2008   #33
amazing...
great scene - nothing more to say

Old 04 April 2008   #34
Originally Posted by pitposum: amazing...
great scene - nothing more to say

Thank you so much dear friend

Old 04 April 2008   #35
Hey Kerem, fast and stronger starting. Environment is very impressive! Keep it up

Old 04 April 2008   #36
Looks great! I like the new ship!

Old 04 April 2008   #37
Ahmet: Thank you so much for your heartening words mate

Mats: Thnak you man - glad you like it!

Old 04 April 2008   #38
Concept / pre-visualization: Temples Wire

Wire renders of my temples.

Old 04 April 2008   #39
Work In Progress: Winged Dolphins Modeling

Here are my poly modeled dolphins with wings. I used lattice deformation to create the wave on their wings.

Old 04 April 2008   #40
Work In Progress: Wire Render Of Dolphins

Here is the wire renders of my dolphins.

Old 04 April 2008   #41
Hi Kerem,
you got some really fast and nice modeling skills! Here are some of my suggestions: I like the floating islands idea. However you may play around with the way that you place them, they all have the same size (which means they are all at the same distance) and the same contrast. Altering their sizes may help with the depth of your image and adding haze to create atmospheric perspective would help too. I see the same problem with the huge temple. It occupies lot of space, thus the bottom of the temple souldn't have the same contrast as the top of it due to light variations, the color of the sky and probably fog. As you noted to yourself, you are still playing with the light, so I just give some inputs here, hope it is useful.
The overall scene looks really tight! Keep the good work up!
Donglu

Old 04 April 2008   #42
Hello Kerem,

Man you can render! I love the realism in your piece. I love the crop circle ship concept, that's incredible. One crit I have is how loud the red is on the actual crop circle. I think if you toned it down it would make everything very cohesive in your piece. Incredible work, and imagination!
Brad

Brads Uplift Thread

Old 04 April 2008   #43
Talking

Dong Lu: I really to appreciate for taking time to write me here. Your suggestions will be useful. My computer currently run out of memory because of the heavy poly count of the scene. I'll leave fog, clouds and color variations to postwork and your suggestions will be useful. Thanks a bunch again

Brad: I appreciate for your kind and heartening words mate. I'll try to balance everything on postwork. We'll see what will happen

Old 05 May 2008   #44
Work In Progress: New Tree

For the hill on the close up I decided a much more dense and detailed eco-system with a brand new tree. Which less 2D map looking leaves. Now hill fits much more with a dense jungle like landscape on overall look.

Old 05 May 2008   #45
New elements

Here is the new tree and rock objects I prepared for the hill on the close up - and a sample from shading network of my rock texture.

Thread Closed share thread