Uplift Universe - Image Entry: Ryan Love

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2008   #46
Hei, here's an woderful update. The colors fit perfectly with the feelings and help me to see the difference between the alien and human now. Great improvement!

André de Souza

Old 04 April 2008   #47
I agree with Ahmet ... B is more "epic" because of the vertical layout and lighting from behind. Wonderful work.

-
time is passing by...

Old 04 April 2008   #48
Work In Progress: treeliens

Thanks for the words and suggestions guys! Most appreciated. So I've started working on the trees here. I'm also always playing with the color and framing in every wip shot, looking for something that fits. I tried adding a second human to the scene today, it worked out alright and I think I'll continue with it (update on that soon). As you can see the trees are similar to the human suits, they hide within this forest. I enjoyed the vertical composition but felt it lost focus on the characters so I'll be going with something a little more zoomed in.

-love

Old 04 April 2008   #49
Ryan, very nice!
I like the man's costumes (remember me mdk game)
My only comment: the man face should appear more.
Perhaps the camera on top makes everything more dramatic. ( "plongeé" angle, I think)
(sorry my english :S )

Old 04 April 2008   #50
Keep going mate! This looks freakin awesome so far!

Old 04 April 2008   #51
you've come a long way ryan, its really cool to have seen this from the beginning, i agree with marcos about the camera angle, also what do you plan to do with the circle in his belt?

Old 04 April 2008   #52
Yeh I think this piece has really grown.
Huge emotional impact now very strong work imho

Pity can't figure if the little guy's dead which makes it all the more enticing.

Nice work.

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Old 04 April 2008   #53
wow,
fantastic characters fetus23!
excellent subtle vitaliy in the big guy. cool gieger like suite on the human! love the color scheme too!
id like to see you try a variation or two of the horizon line. maybe break it up a bit, or have it bend upwards, instead of down. Thats bein picky though.

Lookin great!

Old 04 April 2008   #54
Work In Progress: Return the Dead

Good feedback everyone.

Marcos-Thanks! Not too sure about changing the camera angle but I have taken your suggestion about showing the mans face more.

Mark - Thanks for the words mate!

Octostatue- The circle is coming! I unwrapped all the cloth,straps and ropes, now they just need textures and normals.

Spin99-Maybe his last breath has not left?..I think it has :). thanks for the words.

winchester- I have tried a variation on the horizon here, I think I like it, much thanks!

Latest wip render, The planet keeps changing...It needs a proper ground next. I'll do some smaller vegetation if i have time. Maybe some low poly trees for the distance. tictic. A new man has appeared here, the truth is dawning on him....

-love

Old 04 April 2008   #55
I look at all your thread fetus23, and i was impressed by your modeling. The third caracter add much more emotion, it get better relation and tell an history between the two different species.

Great work.

David.

Old 05 May 2008   #56
it looks really great now that you added the other human and its nice to see the deadguys face , the image has a really weird emotion hard to describe... its like the little guy looking at the alien is like "what the hell man!?" and the alien is like "i donno what happened bro... we were having so much fun"

Old 05 May 2008   #57
Thumbs up

Great work man, looking forward to see more

Old 05 May 2008   #58
Thumbs up

Looks much better now, my Friend Great work! Cheers,

Dimitrij.

Uplift Universe

Gnothi seauton

Old 05 May 2008   #59
Thumbs up

This is coming along very nicely! Your really taking on board all the suggestions people are making, but more than that, your making this wonderful image your own.

The lighting is so much better and the feel of the scene is really coming out.

I think the standing human might do better if he was standing with one foot back in a kind of shocked pose, maybe with an arm raised.

Your composition is brilliant on this picture, my eye is drawn to the unconscious human, and when that badge on the alien is filled in, my eye will drift there without stopping too much.

I recommend a subtle pattern on the badge, nothing that takes your eye away from the dying/dead human or alien.

But seriously mate, your work is inspiring me to keep going with mine, even though I may not finish it on time.

Well done!!

Old 05 May 2008   #60
Incredible design...the organic suit is a true piece of art!

B-movie

Thread Closed share thread