Uplift Universe - Image Entry: Ryan Love

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2008
Work In Progress: human!

Thanks Brad, going as fast as i can!

Ok, something a bit different here. I'm not too sure I like it. Maybe the expression or the head angle needs tweaking, looks likes he's yawning...or taking his last breath. I can't tell :). but at least he's a human? hmm..

-love

04 April 2008
Smile

Hi, Ryan!

Great modeling! and i like the alien, where is the human? looking forward to see more of your art

04 April 2008
cool stuff here. i cant wait to see how this fits into your image. keep it up, ill be stalking.

04 April 2008
Thumbs up

Great work, mate!

One thing though - if the human is dead, his head should (by force of gravity and no muscle power to resist it) hang down since there doesn't seem to be anything upholding it. I'm glad you decided to show the face. Maybe the mouth should't be quite as wide open as it is?

Keep up the great work

Cheers,

Dimitrij.

Uplift Universe

Gnothi seauton

04 April 2008
Work In Progress: color pass

Thanks all! the human has arrived! I agree with your crits about his head and mouth Dimitrij I will work them into the final pose for sure. I still have to make some simple teeth and work on the model a bit, first pass color here.

-love

04 April 2008
Hey Ryan, great modeling and character design! Short character's clothes is amazing. Good luck for final stage

04 April 2008
Hey Ryan, that models are awesome , love the great deatils and shapes. The design for the human outfit and first color pass looks superb , really great work!! and cant wait to see your next update! Cheers mate!!

04 April 2008
Ferx and ahmetekn - thanks so much for the encouragment!! I was supposed to get alot done this weekend lets see if i can. I've been working on the bigguys gear and the little guys suit some more. Updates soon.

-love

04 April 2008
that last one with the texture really makes a diffrence. the characters are really comming allong now!

04 April 2008
That's the human? Scary-cool costume ^^

04 April 2008
Concept / pre-visualization: compo/enviro

Thanks guys!
As I was working some small detail that doesn't matter, i thought to myself , its now time to pull back and see whats really going on. So I've done some very quick concepts about my ideas for the composition and environment. A and B, not sure which I'm going to go with yet. Your ideas are always welcomed!

-love

04 April 2008
Hey Ryan,

I don't know if were supposed to vote on A or B, but I like A.
I think it would be cool to have some kind of small crashed vessel he's taking him out of too. Anyways, awesome work. Brad

Brads Uplift Thread

04 April 2008
I really like the flow of shapes and design in A. Both have good composition. But the style of A sells for a more interesting dynamic cool sketches and dope modeling.

04 April 2008
Concept / pre-visualization: planet time

Brad, Bryce, Thanks a bunch for the input guys. I went with A and started blocking in the 3d soon after. I felt B was just too Cliché with the moon and all. I'll have some fun modeling these alien trees too, I think they will be in a similar style and color to the human suit. So I've got a lot left to do If I want to finish this. I think its time to start detailing/texturing individual clothing pieces, then the trees, ground, rocks and anything thats left over.

-love

04 April 2008
Hey Ryan, this render is beutiful. Ligting is emphatic. But, I think "B" environmet more beutiful than "A". Keep it up mate

Thread Closed share thread