Uplift Universe - Image Entry: Daniel Bayona

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2008
Work In Progress: a bit bit more detail

what do you think about the purple light in the aliens body? some say crappy over here/

SECRET AGENT

UPLIFT

STEAMPUNK

Personal portfolio HERE

04 April 2008
If I'm reading this image right the aliens are being "harvested" and two of them are lovers or something and trying to get in a goodbye kiss?

LOL that's great!

04 April 2008
I like the purple glowing lights. It makes the aliens more extraterrestrial and they grabbing more the eye. One small thing: I feel still the guys a bit flat. Maybe some highlights-shadows would add more plasticity, three-dimensional quality.

So, my general advice is: start over from scratch!
Just kidding.

I like the color space and the background very much!

No bad man, no bad.

04 April 2008
Still one of the best for me.
The purple add colour deepness and make my eyes look directly to that area of the image.
Now the relationship between aliens is more clear.JOB DONE! KEEP IT UP!

B-movie

04 April 2008
Cool image!! I like the purple colour on the aliens it adds some dimensionality (don't ask me what kind of lol).

Good luck in the contest!

Cheers,

Dimitrij.

Uplift Universe

Gnothi seauton

04 April 2008
Thumbs up Innovative !!!

Great concept...
Best luck...

04 April 2008
i like your Aliens
Good luck guy!

04 April 2008
Everything looks smart, and the idea of organic-harvested jetpacks is awesome! Great pic indeed...

04 April 2008
great concept

really love this one...funny with very nice colors. I love especially that this image isn't the "wow, look at this huge beast or giant shining ship " but is "))))))))))" also I like the spaceship design very much

for me, it is quite readeable but a bit confusing is that for example the man who has already one jetpack on his back is harvesting another one...but on the picture every person have just one alien and there also isn't (for example) a pile of harvested aliens ...I don't read this image as harvesting of aliens but rather: some guys are picking alienpacks and just enjoying flying and when the alien runs out of his gas they pick another one a the fun continues...but for this explanation of image I miss something like empty aliens or a guy whos alien is running out of gas or something like this

anyway great image, good luck (and sorry for my English but I found your image worth trying to write a bit

04 April 2008
Work In Progress: love is in the air ( wip ) 3

finally some work done. several issues improved after feedback but more to come.

Still have to work on the guys contrast and the upper left section ..something has to go there still dont figure it out.

Any ideas are welcome!!

SECRET AGENT

UPLIFT

STEAMPUNK

Personal portfolio HERE

04 April 2008
Work In Progress: wip ground detail

Just a detail of the ground. i was thinking in adding some sort of "coral" type of plants on the rocks ..but maybe would be too much.

btw . my uploaded image looks less saturated that my actual work file. Im saving it with SRGB but still and it doesn't fix it. does anyone here have the same issue?
Thanks

SECRET AGENT

UPLIFT

STEAMPUNK

Personal portfolio HERE

04 April 2008
Gnomeish, Piktor ..thanks guys, thats the lecture i hope people get.

OZ, damn you keep me up with this paint with your comment. really apreciate

HornlessUnicorn, Giokr-2027, CartoonBox, harachte,.. thanks as well to take your time and comment, hope to see your input again!

al-ash, Dude! i really appreciate your long post. the fact that the paint itself gives to different lectures makes me happy. indeed is not a beast or a knight throwing tunders from his ...and cool you noticed that quality anti-wow. Sounds good idea to add a guy falling with the yetpack alien in his last. no sure what to do with guy harvesting. .for now i leave it like his just doing it for others.

Thanks all!

SECRET AGENT

UPLIFT

STEAMPUNK

Personal portfolio HERE

04 April 2008
Love the new WIP. The ground looks cool. Like your brushwork a lot. Looks edgy and sharp.

Overall a very funny and cool concept and it's getting better and better

Uplift Universe

Gnothi seauton

04 April 2008
Hey Daniel, the stream of jet smoke in front of the right guy doesn't seem right. Maybe you can try putting that behind instead?

I suggest upping the general contrast of the whole.

This style is looking cute and nice! Keep it up, Bayona!

Last edited by jeromoo : 04 April 2008 at 04:35 PM.

04 April 2008
No idea on the issue youŽre having. IŽll try to correct the values so it looks a bit more contrasted, that's all.
For the lef upper part, some space haze and planets shapes maybe, to cut out the foreground a bit more? not very original but...

Thread Closed share thread