Uplift Universe - Image Entry: Daniel Bayona

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2008
yay! this is wicked

ace work.
A

04 April 2008
hello chimbolaneo... bery nice colour pallette over here and awesome weird idea i really like the overall ! my only suggestion is more about the background ships composition i think the main one just in the middle should be better a bit on the side left or right ...maybe left...also u can maybe try to scale it more bigger like 3 times bigger that can bring easily more depth to the image...
o sino bien bacano los colores!

"Rechazando aquel que no combata....
y respetando quien nos sepa respetar"

04 April 2008
Thumbs up great!!!

Great annotaitions, I think you are right.

The Color palette is nice, a little darker in the back where the rockets are could produce a more dramatic feeling.

04 April 2008
i'll try all the talked but will be slowly . my wacom died last night after a long agony. Now i have to do it the office. damn!

Thanks for the comments guys. keep doing your stuff as well!

04 April 2008
Red face

Originally Posted by chilombiano:
Just some ideas and new paint work. notes of toDO's .

What do you think??

I know. i have to work on that kiss!

Do you really need the kiss? I mean... Do you think it adds something important to the story? Or is just a side detail that gives a bit of flavour...?

So far it's just beautiful. The only thing "unsolved" is the creatures having more importance I think.

tumblr ░░░░ facebook

04 April 2008
the guy in the top left is now working to make the image a bit too humorous. i kind of saw your peice a bit more serious but i donno man. you can make it work either way!

04 April 2008
I love the subtle colours in this and the simple design of the spacecraft! the style you adopt for the humans is cool too! Excellent idea and vision.

04 April 2008
Slav. Agree with you . if the guy is rolling in a funny way it can affect the general mood.

i think im gonna just change the pose but keep the guy

Andy--jones. Thanks man. means a lot in these times of "spectacular" styles. glad you liked!

04 April 2008
Work In Progress: wip & details

not too much new stuff but at least a couple of brush strokes to keep on the loupe.
still have to work on that kiss.

04 April 2008
Work In Progress: detail

detail . any ideas are welcome. !!!

04 April 2008
infact the idea is very nice i like the whole concept ... maybe some more details on the aliens !!? .. maybe the sky ? .. keep it up

04 April 2008
Hi Daniel, I'm liking the overal colour palette! I still feel the aliens are too flat looking, like they don't have any 'jet fuels' in them. Just a personal opinion but nothing major. Are you going to add some clouds in the sky later? Hmmm.. i think the jet stream could use a bit more oomph!

Rock on!

04 April 2008
Terrific concept! You're piece really makes me smile - so many fun elements!

One element, however, that doesn't really add anything to the painting is the guy in the upper left. You had a question mark pointing at him earlier, as if he was "up in the air," so to speak Anyhow, compositionally, he doesn't add anything, I think you would be better off skipping him. (Less work, too!)

Good luck!

04 April 2008
thanks for the feedback guys!

one by one

Joana:
late answer..in fact is all about the kiss.. i cant take that out. i need to make it more obvious . working on that. it has to be lovely! i find hard to make it look like an effort!

nightwoodwolf and jerome:
indeed the aliens need some re-thinking. more volume and some sort of pattern .. still no idea . and i don't know if fatter will help. or it should?
i'll do some separate concepts for those guys.

walrus
Thanks man. if this paint makes someone smile i think thats mission accomplish for me.
And you right about the guy, still is just a place holder for a comp balance. it can be anything !

.. and ideas are more than welcome.

maybe a huge one in a front plane ?

another space ship?

or just cropping somehow ?

ohh. i have to stop playing COD4 if i want to finish this!

------------

9 of april . A dark day

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorge_Eliécer_Gaitán

04 April 2008
Haha, that's one great concept. I really love it.

Good luck with the challenge.

Torsten

Thread Closed share thread