Uplift Universe - Image Entry: Alexi Chabane

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2008   #61
awesome!

will you be keeping the lines in? i really like that style.

A

Old 04 April 2008   #62
Work In Progress: more alien colour sketch

I changed the head of the mother alien character so she is more engaged with the rest of the group (and less symetrical). I'm going to start tighening up the main group next, and adding proper lighting and shadow effects. With only 25 days left in the contest I might have to lose the two outside characters. I may leave some of the ink outlines showing, depending on how fast the painting goes.

Old 04 April 2008   #63
this is going to be amazing! good luck

Old 04 April 2008   #64
Work In Progress: lighting and colour sketch

I've started to block in the lighting and shadows for the main group of characters. The background is still rough and will require a lot of overpainting to clean up. I'm still working on the contrast levels and colour saturation, but I'm glad it is starting to take shape.

Old 04 April 2008   #65
Talking

Oh lovely scene, it lools so warm and peacefull, wich contrast with the somewhat rough enviroment of a stone cliff, I like that....
I feel the next steps will be really exiting and crucial, right now some areas are alittle off with the lightsource, the guy standing right in front of the fire, by contrast, could look darker and outlined by the light.
The big projected shadows, like the one from the alien rising his finger are a great detail and help a lot for the mood, great work!!

Old 04 April 2008   #66
Thumbs up Nice work

Yeah, the mother is part of the group now. Though the characters on the outside are really cool, I know how you feel about time, probably a wise choice for now to leave them out. The expression on the mothers face is priceless. Keep going.

Old 04 April 2008   #67
Nice work full of details , nice atmosphere too .

Ze Blog

Steampunk
Uplift Universe
Strange Behavior

Old 04 April 2008   #68
I enjoy looking at your sketches very much. As for the colorings, may I suggest stronger, warmer and vibrant tones around the fireside and reflected areas. The shadows a cooler shade.

If you ask me, I wouldn't want to have a picnic in that spot. Its too scary and dangerous. What if the child or the baby falls off?!!

Old 04 April 2008   #69
This has really developed nicely, it has a lovely atmosphere and a heartwarming theme - it brings a smile to my face Looking forward to the finished work now.

Old 04 April 2008   #70
Work In Progress: painting progress

Thanks to everyone that has left feedback on my image so far, the comments have been helpful. I'm working on painting out most of the ink outlines now, and bringing the colours together. I've started to increase the contrast of the light and dark areas as well, and I have added some highlights here and there to show a difference in materials.

Old 04 April 2008   #71
Talking

I've been following this since your first post and i'd like to say that i'm really liking how its turning out
its looks awesome. keep up the good work

Old 04 April 2008   #72
Thumbs up

Wow! There's certainly no shortage of talent here on CG Society. Really impressive image! Great lighting and details

All the best,

Dimitrij.

Uplift Universe

Gnothi seauton

Old 04 April 2008   #73
It's come along great. The characters tie in better now and the composition works quite well. Good luck

Old 04 April 2008   #74
How beautiful

Old 04 April 2008   #75
Fantastic work. I love your colour choices, they make the picture very balanced. The characters are also fabulous. If you were going for "diverse", I think you have it in spades. Great work.

Thread Closed share thread