CGTalk > Sponsored Challenges and Awards > Past Challenges (Archives) > Uplift Universe - Image
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 05-03-2008, 12:34 AM   #31
butterpaw
Jeannette Leboeuf-Kassam
Creative Director
Nereveren Studios
Chapel Hill, USA

Ok, now get 'er done.

Want to see this complete... seems like you know where you're going with it...

Old 05-04-2008, 06:08 AM   #32
Dragneye
Creator

portfolio
Andrew Alexandris
freelance
New York City, USA

Work In Progress: WIP - As From Below, So From Above

Added some color & details. The title may stick, as it ties in to the whole story. - We've looked down at primitive lifeforms on Earth in the past, who would have thought they would be the ones who would rejuvinate our planet once again. But... that's half the story :-)

Old 05-05-2008, 09:24 PM   #33
Dragneye
Creator

portfolio
Andrew Alexandris
freelance
New York City, USA

Work In Progress: WIP- added more details

Started to fill in cloud layer and the rest of the 'untouched'.

Old 05-06-2008, 03:11 AM   #34
Dragneye
Creator

portfolio
Andrew Alexandris
freelance
New York City, USA

Yea me too butterpaw :-). Do you have any suggestions on what looks wrong, or can be improved? Mind you, the most finished part so far is the aliens head and shell. - Does Anyone have any comments or crits?

Old 05-10-2008, 06:47 AM   #35
Dragneye
Creator

portfolio
Andrew Alexandris
freelance
New York City, USA

Work In Progress: WIP - As From Below...

Adding more details. Made some slight changes, and some not so slight.

Old 05-11-2008, 07:48 PM   #36
Dragneye
Creator

portfolio
Andrew Alexandris
freelance
New York City, USA

Work In Progress: WIP- As From Below, so From Above

Added some more details. Working on a suitable... suit :-) for the human leader. Any crits appreciated.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:49 AM   #37
Dragneye
Creator

portfolio
Andrew Alexandris
freelance
New York City, USA

Final Image: As From Below So From Above

The Gaian leader held his head in awe. Many years had passed since the land had held the green of life, and now, these new interplanetary beings shared a gift, a gift that would rejuvenate the lands of his forefathers. The people would rejoice, and be able to walk freely amongst not the dead stumps and radioactive earth, but amongst the flowering trees, and relish the sound of all the animals they had cryo-saved. They would hear the song of the birds again, and the roar of the lions... sounds that his parents and he had only heard in recordings.
It was ironic that the only creatures that still existed on this dead land, looked like this alien being that had now come to save them. Nothing else could survive free on this putrid earth. Supreme Leader Clarke was now not only amazed, but humbled. His people looked with disgust at the few invertebrates that still roamed the crevices of the lost lands, and yet here was an alien species that though similar in appearance, had developed a massive brain, and unheard of technology.
Tears were welling in his eyes, but he knew that these aliens don't have emotions; they 'feel' with their minds, but not in an emotive way... they are pure realists... pure beings of logic. Their communication is telepathic. That he had sensed.
As the beam of life-giving energy spread its beauty, Clarke would in time turn and thank his new friend for the gift they shared with the people of Gaia, but he would never realize in time, that the 'gift' they offered, was a prelude for colonization. With no emotion comes no remorse... just pure, progressive, expansionist, logic.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:05 PM   #38
Dragneye
Creator

portfolio
Andrew Alexandris
freelance
New York City, USA

Well, that's it for now. I have made the deadline. A bit tattered, but sane. It was an interesting adventure. I learned a new toolset, and refined my technique a bit. Will see if I have time to put in a lil more work on this before the clock fully runs out. I really wish I could have finished this using totally 3D tools but played it safe to make Sure I finished what I said I would. Now will go work on some 3D models that arose from this. Great luck and fortune to you all!

Old 05-12-2008, 05:34 PM   #39
Dragneye
Creator

portfolio
Andrew Alexandris
freelance
New York City, USA

Final Image: FINAL- AS FROM BELOW, SO FROM ABOVE

This is a clearer version for my final jpg image.
The Gaian leader held his head in awe. Many years had passed since the land had held the green of life, and now, these new interplanetary beings shared a gift, a gift that would rejuvinate the lands of his forefathers. The people would rejoice, and be able to walk freely amongst not the dead stumps and radioactive earth, but amongst the flowering trees, and relish the sound of all the animals they had cryo-saved. They would hear the song of the birds again, and the roar of the lions... sounds that his parents and he had only heard in recordings.
It was ironic that the only creatures that still existed on this dead land, looked like this alien being that had now come to save them. Nothing else could survive free on this putrid earth. Supreme Leader Clarke was now not only amazed, but humbled. His people looked with disgust at the few invertebrates that still roamed the crevices of the lost lands, and yet here was an alien species that though similar in appearance, had developed a massive brain, and unheard of technology.
Tears were welling in his eyes, but he knew that these aliens don't have emotions; they 'feel' with their minds, but not in an emotive way... they are pure realists... pure beings of logic. Their communication is telepathic. That he had sensed.
As the beam of life-giving energy spread its beauty, Clarke would in time turn and thank his new friend for the gift they shared with the people of Gaia, but he would never realize in time, that the 'gift' they offered, was a prelude for colonization. With no emotion comes no remorse... just pure, progressive, expansionist, logic.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:40 PM   #40
butterpaw
Jeannette Leboeuf-Kassam
Creative Director
Nereveren Studios
Chapel Hill, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragneye
Well, that's it for now. I have made the deadline. A bit tattered, but sane. It was an interesting adventure. I learned a new toolset, and refined my technique a bit. Will see if I have time to put in a lil more work on this before the clock fully runs out. I really wish I could have finished this using totally 3D tools but played it safe to make Sure I finished what I said I would. Now will go work on some 3D models that arose from this. Great luck and fortune to you all!

I am delighted to see you met the deadline, and I love the result! ... an imaginative scenario, extremely well executed imho. I know you're not satisfied, but I think that's becuase you know what else you might have done... ^_^

Congratulations on grasping the use of new tools so quickly.. but then I should have expected that, knowing the quality of images you've produced using only a mouse and the simplest of paint programs.. It's great to see you enjoy painting with a stylus as much as I do, (and better at it than I am too, heheh )

I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Last edited by butterpaw : 05-14-2008 at 12:44 AM.

Old 05-13-2008, 11:13 PM   #41
Dragneye
Creator

portfolio
Andrew Alexandris
freelance
New York City, USA

Talking

THANK YOU Butterpaw for the kind and encouraging words. Yea, using Painter instead of what I had so far is awesome. Totally new world. Actually, this pic was new for me in many ways. First time I have used only a stylus to complete a pic; first time i finished a pic using Painter (MS Paint is nice but Painter is a Real Artist's tool); and first heavy duty Art contest I have entered, so this was a 'challenge' for me, but I learned a lot, had some fun, and created a 2D pic (something I hadn't done in a while).
Anyway... time for you to post some new work on here

Old 05-14-2008, 12:51 AM   #42
butterpaw
Jeannette Leboeuf-Kassam
Creative Director
Nereveren Studios
Chapel Hill, USA

Me post some work.. now there's an intriguing thought....

I better go away and think

^_^

Old 05-14-2008, 12:51 AM   #43
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread