Uplift Universe - Image Entry: Mark David

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2008
LightSovereign
Thank you Marley. Much appreciated

gpepper
Hey, you're in too eh? Well this is great news. Glad you like the idea. I figured I'd go 2D this time though, partly because I don't have the time (or energy) for another 3D epic, but also because I thought it would be nice to work on my 2D skills a bit. Of course at this stage nothing is decided. A simple 3D scene like the one in that concept drawing would not be too scary. Although I'd be displaying my 3D chicken work in front of you, the true king of 3D chickens

Nekomouse
Hey thank you Bronwen. You are very kind

varma
Thanks for the warm welcome buddy

Russel-Nash
Hahaha Thanks mate!

miketche
Hey thank you. Yep, it will strange to be working in only 2 Ds. I'm still not decided of course

SteevieWoo
Hey thanks buddy. I think the cartonoist bit in me keeps trying to assert itself. But that's not to say it's going to win. I might go totally serious. Hahaha, yeah, right....

The hawk-eyed, and I guess even the legally-blind among you would have noticed that I'm not being 100% tied to a literal interpretation of Brin's writing. That's not because of any criticism of Brin's writing though. I've read a bunch of his books and enjoyed them a lot. Back in the 1990s I read a lot of hard sci fi from Brin, Bear and Bedford. Not only did that provide hours of enjoyable reading but it came with the added benefit of not needing to walk further than the B selection of authors in the book shop. But now I'm talking too much. Time for another concept drawing...

03 March 2008
Concept / pre-visualization: Concept sketch 2: Human interaction with aliens

Back on Earth this time. An advance party of alien diplomats embarks on a search for the Town Hall

03 March 2008
Hey Mark, really glad to see you in this challenge my friend! , and is great to see your work in the 2D land that be a great entry in your unique an cool style. The first concepts are cool, and know you will be a experimenting a bit with your concepts. Good luck Mark and fore sure following the evolution on tour concept. Cheers my friend!!

03 March 2008
Haha, great concepts man, I would love to see one of these fleshed out, keep it up!

03 March 2008
Love that you are in this one. Your work always make me smile
and you always have the time to help me and others...

good luck to you

03 March 2008
Ha! And what way to better interact with aliens than to eat them?
Already some nice ideas floating around here - and it will be a thrill to see what you make of this. A theme that would suit you well I think!

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

03 March 2008
Hehe ! Awesome to see you entered Mark !

Laughing out loud thinking about your crazy ideas !
Best wishes my friend !

cheers ,

-Zapan

"One today is worth two tomorrows"
-Benjamin Franklin-

03 March 2008
ah...there he is! Glad you entered!
your sketches are always so entertaining ^^
Looking forward to seeing you going crazy with your ideas!
Good luck mate!

WWW: AREA-56
BLOG: Chapter 56
SHOP: Prints

03 March 2008
Ferx
Hey buddy, thanks for the encouraging words

nmcelmury
Thank you! Much appreciated

makaron
Thanks Mona. I'm nervous about going 2D, but then I'm always nervous before entering these things. It's all good fun though

Gunilla
Hey thanks buddy. I really appreciate your support and encouragement. As you know I was wondering if I'd be entering this one. Well, I'll see how this goes, because I think I've settled on an idea now

Zapan
Hey it's great to see you here! Thanks for the encouragement matey

Goro
Hey thank you buddy. Yeah I'm hoping to push things a lot further than I could with the 3D. It should be fun

03 March 2008
Concept / pre-visualization: Concept sketch 3: Human interaction with aliens

Same time every evening just around dinner time, someone from Earth would call to sell them a mobile phone plan

----------------

While I've been scribbling down the rough ideas I've also been drawing aliens. I was wondering which ones I'd use and then I figured, what the heck, I'll use all of them. Yep, I now think I know what I'll be doing...

03 March 2008
Concept / pre-visualization: First batch of aliens

I'm thinking of an alien city scene, complete with crowds of aliens. A bunch of humans is wandering among them. This should be fun because I can go a bit wild with the architecture and environment. It won't really work as a cartoony joke idea like the concepts I've done so far, but it should be a lot more fun to draw.

Here's the first batch of aliens

03 March 2008
Concept / pre-visualization: More aliens

... and the next batch

03 March 2008
Just WOW!

Can't wait to see the scene taking shape. I don't know why but your Aliens made me think of Mordillo, and I mean it in the best possible way.

03 March 2008
Thumbs up nice work

nice concept keep it up

03 March 2008
Glad to see you here again Mark, great start with the concepts. All the best.

H

Thread Closed share thread