Uplift Universe - Image Entry: Jerome Moo Wen Han

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2008   #61
Your painting with evolved/moved good, the bottom is well managed. If
I can deliver an opinion on the vessel, I think that you should dice
saturate the color in the shade and to be less dark with the back, to
be more realistic with the environment. Good courage for the
continuation.

Old 04 April 2008   #62
this is looking beautiful! Love the perspective. the clouds are fantastic. And the metal of the craft is well done with all the reflectios and lighting.

Old 04 April 2008   #63
The background colors are superb Jeromoo. The alien jellyfish concept is crazy, i like it.

DOMINANCE WAR IV

DOMINANCE WAR V

Old 04 April 2008   #64
HI!

really loving the progress. your background is superb and your craft design is really nice.
good work man!
A

Old 04 April 2008   #65
Ehaaa! jeromo. nice work so far. i see you are still crazy about clouds after "IRONMAIDEN" dm work! .

SECRET AGENT

UPLIFT

STEAMPUNK

Personal portfolio HERE

Old 04 April 2008   #66
Work In Progress: Attack of the giant raspberry alien ships!

When painting the planned alien rock jellyfishes, I find that the adding tentacles to the aliens might clutter up the painting by too much, so I made them tentacle-free (Maybe later I will try a smaller variety of tentacles instead). I also made the 'rock-jellyfishes' into an alien vessel. When they fly in front of a source of light, the bio-translucent rock that form the outer wall of the alien vessels reveals the alien pilot within.

I am still working on the rest of the alien ships.

Old 04 April 2008   #67
firebolide: Thank you!

sasquatch70: Thank you, Brad.

Donglu-LittleFish: Thank you too, Donglu.

Walrus: Hi Mike, thank you for your feedbacks! What do you think of the alien ships?

Hornless Unicorn: Thank you, Dimitrij.

dinodog78: Hi there, Peng Yueh. Long time no see! Yeah, I think this one is a big improvement over what I've done so far.

Tranchefeux: Hi Eric. That's a very good feedback! I will apply the gradual lightness at the back of the ship in my following updates! Thank you again!

Andy--Jones: Thank you Andy. I'm gonna dirty up the metal later. Hopefully I won't spoil it afterwards.

GaeasHerald: Thank you Gerardo. I am a big fan of environment works. As for the alien jellyfish concept, I've changed it. Hope this one is ok?

Neubius: Thank you for checkin up on my progress, Alwyn.

chilombiano: Hey Daniel. I'm always a fan of clouds even before that 'IRONMAIDEN' DM work

Old 04 April 2008   #68
Cool I like how this is developing.

Give me a spoon! hehe...

Later,

Dimitrij.

Uplift Universe

Gnothi seauton

Old 04 April 2008   #69
yo wen han those alien rock jellyfishes are crazy nice very realistic the texture is great! the image is comin bery nice

"Rechazando aquel que no combata....
y respetando quien nos sepa respetar"

Old 04 April 2008   #70
Hey Jerome, awesome image!! I really like the great atmosphere on your concept, the details are amazing and the lighting on the whole scene is cool!! Maybe some traces of light through the clouds on the right dark side, I feel a bit that the image is half on light and half on dark with out a mixing zones , only a comment Again, great work!! Cheers mate

Old 04 April 2008   #71
It is wonderful how polished and original and well-crafted your work is. It's a real treat watching you work. I love that idea of the aliens being visible when their craft has the light behind it

Old 04 April 2008   #72
Work In Progress: Almost done...

I'm almost done here. I would like to hear your opinions on it before i finalize it. WIll be sending some closeups shortly.

I planned to add some rain, but figured it will be overkill.

Old 04 April 2008   #73
Work In Progress: Closeups

Here are some closeups. Many details are lost in the full and downsized version used in the submission.

Old 04 April 2008   #74
Splendid! I enjoy how the colors and the light are beautifully intertwined. Great use of textures too! Did you create some custom brushes for the textures?

As for the rain, I think it might take the viewer's attention away to enjoy the colorfulness of the clouds you have there.

great work, thumbs up!!!

Last edited by Donglu-LittleFish : 04 April 2008 at 05:01 PM.

Old 04 April 2008   #75
The rain would have been overkill. As it stands its an exception work.

My only crit would be that all the action is centered around the middle. The alien jellyfish may benefit from more randomness. But, that is a very tiny critique.

Otherwise, top to bottom, subject to execution, its an admirable piece.

Thread Closed share thread