Uplift Universe - Image Entry: Jerome Moo Wen Han

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2008
Hello, there is here a great potential which I will follow.

04 April 2008
Hey Jerome ! Long time no see ! ( since Journey Begin ;) )
Your color palette and background is really already awesome. I'm ok with walrus about a orange tint to boost your volumes and focal point. I notice a place too for some "dark desaturate violet" touch.
May be you can win with the deep by adding antother spaceship with the same design, more down and little. ( under attack ? lol )
Good luck

04 April 2008
Work In Progress: Painting the Environment - Wider

I've widened the canvas following Walrus' advice. I've left some part unfinished because I'm going to add some clouds later which will cover some of the areas. Still need to fix the tone of the overall depth, will sort it out later. Feedbacks are welcome.

I'm off to bed now.

04 April 2008
Jaba153: Heya Didier! Thanks for your kind words. I love 'em old masters style definitely, but I also want to try to keep it loose too and not too stiff. Hope I can accomplish that.

MasonRoberts: Heya Mason, nice to see you again since Journey Begins! thanks for your comments!

headtrip: Thank you for liking my sketch! I enjoy painting the landscape very much. I looked at alot of aerial view references for inspiration.

joana: Hola minha amiga, Joana! Thank you for watching! Bom Dia!

medunecer: Hello Marco, thank you for checking it out! But I am not that fast. I like to try to take my time on this one while the contest last.

beelow: Heya Bryce. That's definitely a great idea. I implemented that in my new update. Is it wide enough? Thank you for your comments, mate!

chilombiano: Daniel, are you STILL waiting in the office?

mdavid: Thank you, Mark! I am definitely going for orange! The color is synonym for life guards (or was that red?).

Tranchefeux: Hi Eric, thank you for checking it out!

DeeVad: Hey there David! ong time no see since The Journey Begins! Oh, you think some part will be great for some dark desaturated violet hues? Ok, I shall try it out and see how that turns out. Purple goes well with yellow! Thanks for this idea! Another spaceship? Yes, within the context, it is plausible to have another lifesaving ship to rescue more victims. Will see if I can fit it all in later. Thank you!

04 April 2008
Work In Progress: Environment: Of Clouds and Hues

I've applied a slight pinkish violet hues to the top left side where the sunlight comes. I've started to add the clouds but I am not entirely satisfied with how they look yet. Will look at them again tomorrow with a fresh eye. What are your opinions?

04 April 2008
Work In Progress: Starting to paint the ship

I've tweaked the colors of the whole piece and improved/detailed the clouds further. Now I am going to paint the ship and its passengers.

It will be a fun weekend!

04 April 2008
Wow! Fantastic detail allready. great colour pallette too. Can't wait to see more.

04 April 2008
yo wen han i like i lot those colors for the ship ...bery nice

"Rechazando aquel que no combata....
y respetando quien nos sepa respetar"

04 April 2008
Thumbs up beautiful work

This is a wonderful painting so far. This will be very intersting to see how you handle the lighting of the alien rock/jellyfish around the ship. again, this is really amazing so far, I look forward to the finish. The expression of the humans is what I am waiting for, and the way you characterize the rock/jellyfish's mood (or intent) upon the human/alien group in the ship. The choice of red is bold and brings the ship right to the front while still remaning dark, allowing for good contrast later to make it a focal point when you add the lighter values.

04 April 2008
Work In Progress: Painting the Ship Part 1

Painting the ship and her passengers. Here, I painted the pilot and its cockpit. I plan to add a co-pilot at the backseat. Wondering if I should make it a human or alien.. most probably a human.

For the ship itself, I plan to add more well-worn textures later in the painting stage, especially with scratches caused by the flying rock jellyfishes.

04 April 2008
sasquatch70: Thank you for the kind feedbacks!

Didier: Hi there, pal. What's up with using my other name? :P Only special people can use it! Thanks for the feedbacks!

shauncharles: Hi Shaun, yes, those are very good observation. Thanks for sharing your viewpoints with me. I hope the end result will look balanced and not too clashing with the multi-coloured background. After painting the ship, I'll paint the rock-jellyfishes. I have some cool ideas for them...hmmm...

04 April 2008
Work In Progress: Painting the ship Part 2

This is my latest update on the ship for the night. I decided to insert the familiar theme from the original Uplift Universe and replaced the wounded alien and the eyeball alien in the sketch with sickly Neo- Dolphin and Neo Chimpanzee respectively.

04 April 2008
Thumbs up Great!

Hi,

Really good job, I love the color, and the background is gorgeous!!!

Keep it this way!

A thread to follow for sure.

04 April 2008
Talking

love the colour of the ship! plus it's interior lighting, will there be dirt textures on the ship?
really looking forward to your updates! good work!

04 April 2008
looking really good so far mate !

http://www.bearfootfilms.com

VFX Workshop Tutorials

http://vfxworkshops.com/neil-maccormack/

Thread Closed share thread