Uplift Universe - Image Entry: Brad Staley

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2008   #61
Thanks AndréYeah please keep checking in.Brad
Originally Posted by decosouza: Very original concept mate! Great modeling on the alien. I'll keep my eyes here.

Brads Uplift Thread

Old 04 April 2008   #62
Hello Brian,I'm just now filling in the scene so I know what I'm looking at. After that I'll find my sweet spot with the angle.Keep stopping by, I'll need your input. Thanks,

Brad

Originally Posted by bkeiser3d: This is a very interesting idea. Make sure you play around with the shot so it helps tell the story..

Brads Uplift Thread

Old 04 April 2008   #63
Hey Brad, that is looking really great, incredible alien designs, love it Your interior design reminds me a bit the space station on Kubrick's "2001: a space odyssey " (another of my all times favorite films), cool, with a nice retro touch on the furniture design, really cool! . Agree that you need to experiment a bit with the camera angle ( and perhaps with wider and short lens), only a comment Again, really cool work. Cheers mate !!

Old 04 April 2008   #64
Hey Fernando,

Thanks for the feedback.Yeah the camera stuff is going to come last to try and make it all work.I drew a concept piece(more like a scribble) to see how it would all look, it was the same angle I have right now. It looked allright. As for 2001 A space odyssey, I saw it when I was a kid, great show.Thanks again.Brad

Originally Posted by Ferx: Hey Brad, that is looking really great, incredible alien designs, love it Your interior design reminds me a bit the space station on Kubrick's "2001: a space odyssey " (another of my all times favorite films), cool, with a nice retro touch on the furniture design, really cool! . Agree that you need to experiment a bit with the camera angle ( and perhaps with wider and short lens), only a comment Again, really cool work. Cheers mate !!

Brads Uplift Thread

Old 04 April 2008   #65
You know, when your latest shot loaded for me, i saw a bronze evironment, something you may find in the steam punk genre..A bit of David Lynch's "Dune" perhaps hehe...

The Worm looks fantastic..and kinda creepy..Fantastic effort so far!

Marley

UPLIFT CHALLENGE

B-MOVIE

NVart Competition

KING
PHARAOH
GOLIATH

Old 04 April 2008   #66
Originally Posted by LightSovereign: You know, when your latest shot loaded for me, i saw a bronze evironment, something you may find in the steam punk genre..A bit of David Lynch's "Dune" perhaps hehe...

The Worm looks fantastic..and kinda creepy..Fantastic effort so far!

Marley

Hey Marley,

Thanks for the feedback.I'm texturing my creepy little buddy as we speak. As for Dune, it had amazing art direction for sure. My environment is going to be a bit polished l'll have to admit, that's why I'm trying to get my alien as organic looking as possible. Best of luck to you.
Brad

Brads Uplift Thread

Old 04 April 2008   #67
I can imagine a grand lounge design, with mysterious pipes and tubes hanging down from the ceiling with which they use to smoke their 'shisha'. I can imagine the alien as some bad ass mafia lord, with a smart-looking alien suit. You should give it a plush sofa upon which it will rest comfortably. Perhaps turn the angle around a bit, so we can see more of it. The object on the ceiling could be a special light which will shine on the big alien giving it an air of menacing glamor and mystery.

Nice stuff so far! Keep going, Brad!

Last edited by jeromoo : 04 April 2008 at 04:41 PM.

Old 04 April 2008   #68
Thanks Jeromoo! I love your feedback, I'm kind of going in that direction. The grand lounge is kind of where I'm heading. I think Lounge is going to be the key word here. I'm posting right now hope to talk soon. Your awesome. Brad
Originally Posted by jeromoo: I can imagine a grand lounge design, with mysterious pipes and tubes hanging down from the ceiling with which they use to smoke their 'shisha'. I can imagine the alien as some bad ass mafia lord, with a smart-looking alien suit. You should give it a plush sofa upon which it will rest comfortably. Perhaps turn the angle around a bit, so we can see more of it. The object on the ceiling could be a special light which will shine on the big alien giving it an air of menacing glamor and mystery.

Nice stuff so far! Keep going, Brad!

Brads Uplift Thread

Old 04 April 2008   #69
Work In Progress: Hero_alien Almost textured

Here is the hero aliens amazing texture work. LOL Feedback.

Brads Uplift Thread

Old 04 April 2008   #70
Work In Progress: WIP Camera angle

O.K. This is the angle I might stay with, and flesh it out from here. I know, the humans coming soon. I have alot left to do,flesh out the interior and make the hooka work, and change the hands up on the alien. This is just a test render, the trilobite guy is going through the table.Oh well that will all be fixed. More coming soon. Brad

Brads Uplift Thread

Old 04 April 2008   #71
This looks great!

Old 04 April 2008   #72
Hey Paul, Much appreciated, keep stopping by. Brad
Originally Posted by Paul4wood: This looks great!

Brads Uplift Thread

Old 04 April 2008   #73
Thumbs up

Hey Brad It looks great - only the trilobite is not quite visible from this angle (but I'm sure you'll fix all that). Coming along really well. Love those little gizmos on the table

Cheers,

Dimitrij.

Uplift Universe

Gnothi seauton

Old 04 April 2008   #74
Wow.. fantastic update. I agree with Dimitrij about the second alien. You're going great!

Old 04 April 2008   #75
Thumbs down Imaginative!

I have to say, by far, one of the most creative aliens I've seen. Looking forward to seeing the whole scene.

Thread Closed share thread