Uplift Universe - Image Entry: Brad Staley

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04 April 2008   #46
Hey Brad, this alien is amazing! I very much like it. I think none legs more emphesis than last picture. You can make to legs similar of aerials. Good working in progress, good luck mate!
 
Old 04 April 2008   #47
Nice modeling man its look somehorer works
 
Old 04 April 2008   #48
Hey Jeromoo,
Thanks for your suggestions, definately something to consider. I'll be texturing and refining here soon. I think I might use some of bumps on his back for the exhaust if you will.Thanks again.
Originally Posted by jeromoo: What a freaky design for the alien! Aliens sharing a 'high' time with the humans, cool idea! I have a suggestion: add some orifices on the alien so that when it takes a puff, smoke billows out of the orifices. I think that will make for a great effect! Perhaps you can give it pincer-like hands to hold the hookah/shisha pipe. Keep going, Brad!
 
Old 04 April 2008   #49
Very nice idea indeed ! I'm very curious about colors and textures. Sorry to don't be of much help right now but I don't know the first thing about 3d modeling (well maybe a bolean operation between a cube and a sphere.. ).
__________________
My site


 
Old 04 April 2008   #50
Thanks for the kind words my friend. I'm still deliberating on the legs/no legs thing.Keep stopping by. Brad
Originally Posted by ahmetekn: Hey Brad, this alien is amazing! I very much like it. I think none legs more emphesis than last picture. You can make to legs similar of aerials. Good working in progress, good luck mate!
 
Old 04 April 2008   #51
Thanks Hawkflying.I'm glad you like it. Keep checking in. Brad
Originally Posted by hawkflying: Nice modeling man its look somehorer works
 
Old 04 April 2008   #52
Hey Tiziano,
Glad you could stop by. Theres going to be plenty to critique as soon as I start texturing. I'll be looking to the community for help for sure. With the whole time element, I'll be mixing 3D with 2D to make it all work. Cheers!
Originally Posted by Thaldir: Very nice idea indeed ! I'm very curious about colors and textures. Sorry to don't be of much help right now but I don't know the first thing about 3d modeling (well maybe a bolean operation between a cube and a sphere.. ).
 
Old 04 April 2008   #53
Finaly I found your thread! It would be easier if you'd have a link to it in your signature.

Awesome modeling! Love the alien design - I don't know why but I love trilobites . The other alien also looks great, very unusual.

Keep up the great work

Cheers,

Dimitrij.
__________________
My Website

Uplift Universe

Gnothi seauton
 
Old 04 April 2008   #54
Hey Dimitrij,
Sorry I didn't have a link in my signature. To be honest I'm not quite sure how to do that. It would be very useful. Thanks for the kind words, i'm a trilobite fan as well.If you can point me in the right direction for the thread signature thing that would be great. Thanks again. Brad

p.s. Your entry looks awesome!
Originally Posted by HornlessUnicorn: Finaly I found your thread! It would be easier if you'd have a link to it in your signature.

Awesome modeling! Love the alien design - I don't know why but I love trilobites . The other alien also looks great, very unusual.

Keep up the great work

Cheers,

Dimitrij.
 
Old 04 April 2008   #55
Smile

Originally Posted by sasquatch70: Hey Dimitrij,
Sorry I didn't have a link in my signature. To be honest I'm not quite sure how to do that. It would be very useful. Thanks for the kind words, i'm a trilobite fan as well.If you can point me in the right direction for the thread signature thing that would be great. Thanks again. Brad

p.s. Your entry looks awesome!


Brad, you need to go "UserCP" (user control panel - if you don't see it above go to "members"), then click on "Edit Signature". There you can write - for example: My Uplift Entry or whatever select the text and click on the the insert link (globe with a chain symbol) and insert the link to your thread.

I hope that I could help.

Cheers,

Dimitrij
__________________
My Website

Uplift Universe

Gnothi seauton
 
Old 04 April 2008   #56
Hey Dimitrij,

Thanks again for your help. I finally figured it out. Best of luck to you. Brad
__________________
Steam Punk

Brads Uplift Thread
 
Old 04 April 2008   #57
Work In Progress: Freaky alien placement



This is the alien in his proper context.Iim going to change the designs of the seat to accomodate him.Next up is the human.Than final texture work and painting.Sorry my approach is probably a bit unorthadox, but I'll figure it out.Thanks Brad
__________________
Steam Punk

Brads Uplift Thread
 
Old 04 April 2008   #58
Very original concept mate! Great modeling on the alien. I'll keep my eyes here.
 
Old 04 April 2008   #59
Originally Posted by sasquatch70: Hey Dimitrij,

Thanks again for your help. I finally figured it out. Best of luck to you. Brad


Ah - don't mention it I'm glad I could help!

Cheers,

Dimitrij.

P.S.

This looks very fascinating already
__________________
My Website

Uplift Universe

Gnothi seauton
 
Old 04 April 2008   #60
The Shot

This is a very interesting idea. Make sure you play around with the shot so it helps tell the story..
 
Thread Closed share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.