Uplift Universe - Image Entry: Brad Staley

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2008   #31
Hi Brad
Really fun idea. I have the same opinion of walrus. Almost all of us have done humanoid Aliens. I like the idea of "No humanoid" Aliens, in am human cotidian situation.
Very good the "ornamental sketch".
Keep it on

Old 04 April 2008   #32
Hi Brad,

I like your creatures, good modeling!

Old 04 April 2008   #33
Hey Iban,

Thank you.Thats the fun part about creating aliens, theirs no rules, anything goes.Keep checking in.
Brad
Originally Posted by Ataulfo: Hi Brad
Really fun idea. I have the same opinion of walrus. Almost all of us have done humanoid Aliens. I like the idea of "No humanoid" Aliens, in am human cotidian situation.
Very good the "ornamental sketch".
Keep it on

Old 04 April 2008   #34
Thanks Robert. Good luck to you.
Originally Posted by robbi: Hi Brad,

I like your creatures, good modeling!

Old 04 April 2008   #35
Hey Brad, really nice concept and awesome designs on the aliens !! I like a lot your approach to the concept, cool !. And cant wait to see the interactions with humans Again, great work and looking forward for more updates! Cheers mate!

Old 04 April 2008   #36
Hola Fernando! Thanks for your support, it's definatley putting the pressure on me to produce more. I'll be posting soon. On the weekends I try to make a big push, that's my free time. The human is coming, i'm trying to work out the cloth simulation right now so i don't have to model it. Anyways keep stopping bye, good to hear from you.

La buena suerte y tiene una cerveza para mí.

Originally Posted by Ferx: Hey Brad, really nice concept and awesome designs on the aliens !! I like a lot your approach to the concept, cool !. And cant wait to see the interactions with humans Again, great work and looking forward for more updates! Cheers mate!

Old 04 April 2008   #37
Talking

Can't wait to see what i have instore you say, you should redirect that question in your direction(no disrespect). So far you have the most alien world iv'e seen, which realy feels alien along with the most alien like aliens that are alien(ha tiny joke). Anyway, please keep up the excellent work, really awsome.

Old 04 April 2008   #38
Hey William,

Thanks for the feedback. I hope my next post lives up to everyones expectations. This has been a fun ride so far. I have a helluva lot of work to do on this project. But I'm excited, posts like your's keep me goin. Thanks again! Brad

Originally Posted by Zazill8: Can't wait to see what i have instore you say, you should redirect that question in your direction(no disrespect). So far you have the most alien world iv'e seen, which realy feels alien along with the most alien like aliens that are alien(ha tiny joke). Anyway, please keep up the excellent work, really awsome.

Old 04 April 2008   #39
Expectations

Aha, as far as I can see there is knowledge and an idea behind your endeavor. That is what I like. The final image is still a surprise. And the scenic elements shown are great and puzzling at the same time: how does it all come together? Great... and at the same time handling a busy family life! Hmm. Well, good luck. There is still some work to be done ( especially thinking about my own undertaking).

Greetings...

Old 04 April 2008   #40
Work In Progress: Hero_alien

O.K This is the Alien that's going to be sitting on the chair on the left of the piece. Once again it will be sharing a hooka with the human that will be sitting in the other chair.I'm still deliberating putting some kind of legs on it.I'll be waiting for feedback. Cheers everyone.

Brads Uplift Thread

Old 04 April 2008   #41
Great idea and execution so far Brad. I really like these non humaniod aliens as others have stated. Can't wait to see all these fellas suckin on the hooka!!

-cheers
love

Old 04 April 2008   #42
Work In Progress: Alien with legs

Ok. Here is the same alien with legs.What do you think?Be gentile.LOL

Brads Uplift Thread

Old 04 April 2008   #43
Thank you very much! The whole alien development process is very liberating. I'm enjoying the hell out of the whole thing.Thanks again. Brad
Originally Posted by Fetus23: Great idea and execution so far Brad. I really like these non humaniod aliens as others have stated. Can't wait to see all these fellas suckin on the hooka!!

-cheers
love

Old 04 April 2008   #44
Greetings Thalasso,
Thanks for your encouragement. Keep stopping by. Good luck to you too. Brad
Originally Posted by Thalassos: Aha, as far as I can see there is knowledge and an idea behind your endeavor. That is what I like. The final image is still a surprise. And the scenic elements shown are great and puzzling at the same time: how does it all come together? Great... and at the same time handling a busy family life! Hmm. Well, good luck. There is still some work to be done ( especially thinking about my own undertaking).

Greetings...

Old 04 April 2008   #45
What a freaky design for the alien! Aliens sharing a 'high' time with the humans, cool idea! I have a suggestion: add some orifices on the alien so that when it takes a puff, smoke billows out of the orifices. I think that will make for a great effect! Perhaps you can give it pincer-like hands to hold the hookah/shisha pipe. Keep going, Brad!

Thread Closed share thread