Uplift Universe - Image Entry: Brad Staley

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2008   #16
Originally Posted by vmulligan: Neat! I like creatures like this -- things that aren't quite like anything on Earth. This is kind of like a horseshoe crab, kind of like a cockroach, and overall, unambiguously alien. Nice start!

Thank you Vikram! I'm a big fan of the Cambrian period. This is based off of Bristolia Bristolensis, one of the more exotic trilobites in my opinion. Nothing more alien and creepy than a trilobite. Thanks for your post and support!

Brad

Old 03 March 2008   #17
Originally Posted by LightSovereign: Thats amazing work. It reminds me of a fossilized Trilobite ..With the way my imagination works, i could see this at least 10 kilometres wide creature, gliding in the air

I can also imagine it looking fantastic flying backwards aswell..hahahahaha

hey great work so far..can't wait to see this in its proper context!

Marley
Thanks Marley! 10 kilometres is pretty big. Maybe I could put the rest of the army on it's back. Can you imagine that thing getting ready to land and wreaking havoc? I could probably put humans on the ground paralyzed with fear. Thanks for the encouragement.
Interesting idea.

Brad

Old 04 April 2008   #18
Work In Progress: Business is good

This is my WIP. There will be a creature on the left, and a robed human on the right. They will be arriving at the space needle in mexico.This will all be visible through the window in the background.

Brads Uplift Thread

Old 04 April 2008   #19
Work In Progress: Update

This is a rough sketch of what you'll see throught the window.

Brads Uplift Thread

Old 04 April 2008   #20
Work In Progress: ornamentals

This is an ornamental sketch I did for the inside of the spaceship walls.

Old 04 April 2008   #21
THe ornamentals and the models look good.
Keep going

Old 04 April 2008   #22
Thank you! I'm trying to move as fast as I can, when I can. I'm running a company right now, so it's hard to keep posting. But I plan on finishing, so thanks for the support. I appreciate it.
Originally Posted by andreas-V: THe ornamentals and the models look good.
Keep going

Old 04 April 2008   #23
Hey man you have a lot of great work in here, I am really loving the look of the creatures. You've packed a lot of detail in there!

Matt

Old 04 April 2008   #24
Danke! I'm tryin. Thanks for the encouragement. Rock on Brother!
Originally Posted by mmbenya: Hey man you have a lot of great work in here, I am really loving the look of the creatures. You've packed a lot of detail in there!

Matt

Old 04 April 2008   #25
Cool Character

Wow, I like your character

Old 04 April 2008   #26
Hey Joko,
Thanks for the feedback. I'll be posting more soon. Cheers!

Old 04 April 2008   #27
Hey

I was off due to some reasons, but i have made my mind up to continue on the "video category" on this challenge. Thus I gave up with the "image category". I wish i have time to complete both but schedule is tough and time gets short. I pray and hope i can produce a good video here. . Let's see anyway.

I have changed my signature link to show the video category entry!!

Your ornament detail looks like more than an ornament, as if it is a hidden and/or sleeping alien at the wall who is about to attack .

I wonder much about the whole scene. Looking forward.

Old 04 April 2008   #28
Hello Levent,

I know what you mean about the time issue. I have three kids and I'm running a business as we speak. But, it's a pretty cool experience, worth putting some energy into for sure. I've been reading the books, very cool. keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to receiving more of your input. Best of luck.
Brad
Originally Posted by KU2GUN: I was off due to some reasons, but i have made my mind up to continue on the "video category" on this challenge. Thus I gave up with the "image category". I wish i have time to complete both but schedule is tough and time gets short. I pray and hope i can produce a good video here. . Let's see anyway.

I have changed my signature link to show the video category entry!!

Your ornament detail looks like more than an ornament, as if it is a hidden and/or sleeping alien at the wall who is about to attack .

I wonder much about the whole scene. Looking forward.

Old 04 April 2008   #29
Great stuff so far. I really appreciate that your aliens (and your ornamentation) are really alien, not just standard bipedal creatiures (like mine! ) The universe is probably a stranger place than we can even imagine. So great work so far, looking forward to seeing how your humans fit in. Good luck!

Old 04 April 2008   #30
Truth is stranger than fiction. Thanks for your support. I'm working on the human, and hero alien as we speak. I don't dare post it yet because it's definately a work in progress.Keep stopping in there will be more to come. take care Walrus. Thanks again!
Originally Posted by walrus: Great stuff so far. I really appreciate that your aliens (and your ornamentation) are really alien, not just standard bipedal creatiures (like mine! ) The universe is probably a stranger place than we can even imagine. So great work so far, looking forward to seeing how your humans fit in. Good luck!

Thread Closed share thread