Uplift Universe - Image Entry: Nicholas McElmury

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2008   #16
great details in the modeling! and i love the gubru concept! keep it up!

Old 04 April 2008   #17
Work In Progress: texturing start

Almost finished modeling him, just have to do his boots. I thought I would take a breather from the polys and do a little texturing.

www.nickmcelmury.com

"The best things in life are either illegal, fattening, or take too long to render."

Old 04 April 2008   #18
Thanks HFix!

www.nickmcelmury.com

"The best things in life are either illegal, fattening, or take too long to render."

Old 04 April 2008   #19
strong mapping too!!! Cant wait to see your guy full textured!

B-movie

Old 04 April 2008   #20
Work In Progress: more texturing

Still texturing, think I'm gonna do something else with the legs, maybe his oxygen mask as well

www.nickmcelmury.com

Old 04 April 2008   #21
Thanks OZ!

www.nickmcelmury.com

Old 04 April 2008   #22
Work In Progress: Posed

Got my marine posed, just have to finish texturing his hands and a couple pieces on his body. I'm going to throw some hair on him with Max's hair and fur and probably re-texture his oxy tanks on his back since I don't like the way they came out.

www.nickmcelmury.com

Old 04 April 2008   #23
Work In Progress: almost finished guy

Almost done with my marine, just have to do a little more work with his hair, he's got kind of an elvis look right now lol. Next up is the Gubru, which is probably going to take me the majority of the next couple weeks to do.

www.nickmcelmury.com

Old 04 April 2008   #24
Work In Progress: just another view

Another view of the guy

www.nickmcelmury.com

Old 04 April 2008   #25
I'm glad your moving so quick, that gives you time to help me model my scene! LOL . Everything looks awesome. Keep up the good work.

Old 04 April 2008   #26
I have to say it again! great texturing! I like a lot the rusty look u gave to the guy!
The pose is good as well.Im very curious to see your character placed into a scene. go go go go!

B-movie

Old 04 April 2008   #27
sasquatch70 - Thanks man! Yeah I think you would do your wall ornament concept way better justice than I would lol, seriously cool stuff, I'll keep an eye on your thread, everything is looking great for you too!

OZ - Thanks again! Yeah I kinda kicked my ass in gear over the past week, I realized the image deadline is only a month away so that was kind of a rude awakening.

Just started buidling my Gubru character last night, pushing and pulling verts as we speak. Hopefully I can finish! Thank you all for the comments

www.nickmcelmury.com

Old 04 April 2008   #28
Smile

really cool texture work mate! the SSS shows nicely! me lookin forward to your next update! cheers dude!

Old 04 April 2008   #29
Yikes sorry for the long delay, I was building my computer last week (which is working fabulously I must say), and the parents came to visit for the weekend, so my times for getting any work done were few and far between. Hopefully I can finish in time! I'm getting pretty excited to do this guys feathers and fur, should be fun

nwiz25 - Thanks! Keep up the good work on your thread, your painting looks friggin amazing!

www.nickmcelmury.com

Old 04 April 2008   #30
Work In Progress: Gubru

Finally had a chance to get some work done, got the Gubru modeled and posed for the most part, onto some texturing and Zbrushing!

www.nickmcelmury.com

Thread Closed share thread