Uplift Universe - Image Entry: Tiziano Baracchi

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2008   #61
SFedor, thank you for the comment and the suggestions.
I'm working on colors right now, I think I'll wait until the whole colors are there to decide about 'focus' adjustments (for instance, the girl's red is likely to be stronger, and as such to change things a bit).

I've kept each character on a separate layer for now, so adjustments won't be a problem, even though done a bit later.

Mark, thank you my friend, it's always a pleasure to see you here.

Old 04 April 2008   #62
Concept / pre-visualization: First color pass- far background

Since I'm really scared of messing up what good there was in the sketch, I'm going to post quite a lot of steps for the color passes, I think...

Here is the latest porogress, I've warmed a bit the light on the right-side pillar as per suggestions and I've worked on the far /middle background (up to the central pillar), defining and refining the shapes and the architectural elements.

Next will be the foreground, last the characters...

Old 04 April 2008   #63
ciao tiziano,
I like the situation you propose in this work.
It inspire diffidence cause no one look the same target
good challenge...

Old 04 April 2008   #64
Grazie, Salvo ! It is good to have another Italian on my tread !

In effetti, penso che una razza aliena mutaforma sia perfetta per un atmosfera da "non fidarti di nulla perchè nulla è come sembra...".

Old 04 April 2008   #65
Work In Progress: First color pass- pillar

Some more work done, took me most of the evening to paint the central pillar but I'm rather happy with it...

Old 04 April 2008   #66
and a detail

Old 04 April 2008   #67
ever more relaistic, thaldir!~ just noticed the cloaked figures out the back there, they really add to the ambience especially!.

Sound progression!

Marley

UPLIFT CHALLENGE

B-MOVIE

NVart Competition

KING
PHARAOH
GOLIATH

Old 04 April 2008   #68
Very nice developement indeed !

It is tense and dramatic ! What are the true intentions of the aliens ? What will happen to the poor humans ?

I am also very curious about the "lady" transformation and the way you wil rappresent it

Old 04 April 2008   #69
Oh wow, that is amazing. I love the sheen on it. This is probably a really noob question but how do you get it so smooth (without the brushmarks), do you smudge it, or use smaller brushes, or something else?

Old 04 April 2008   #70
Marley, thank you! I'm trying to pay special attention to the ambience (together with composition), I'm really happy to know you like it.

Arianna, thank you! Yes, I tried to capture a sort of mid-point in the story, to have the viewers wonder and, possibly, make up their own developments.
The Zeron lady will be the last to be refined, hope you'll like my take on the transformation.

Bronwen, thanks! Well, on a different layer in screen mode I painted the the shiny parts with a soft brush using the pillar's lighter color, then I applied a slight gaussian blur and adjusted the opacity. That's it.

Old 04 April 2008   #71
I agree with badoero. Tense and dramatic. This image really inspires the imagination. You're going brilliantly

Old 04 April 2008   #72
Thanks, Mark ! Another update is coming, soon !

Old 04 April 2008   #73
Work In Progress: color pass-background completed

Here it is.

Now on with the characters

Old 04 April 2008   #74
Work In Progress: Red alien color pass

I've started working on the characters. Here is a more advanced (but still in need of refining of course) color pass on the red alien during her transition from human to zeron form.

Old 04 April 2008   #75
This is coming along great. The detail is excellent, especially the stone pillars

Thread Closed share thread