Uplift Universe - Image Entry: Bill Corbett

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2008
Great work, Bill! Love the rocks and the clouds and the planet now looks great!

So what are these people doing? Taking a joy ride?

Cheers,

Dimitrij.

Uplift Universe

Gnothi seauton

04 April 2008
I like the atmosphere. and your steam-insect looks really great.
I interrested to see what's next.

David.

04 April 2008
Smile

Hehehe... I like it, you worked a lot in the background and it ended up just great, the blue sky stands up really nice.... Now I haven't read all the posts , so, is the alien some kind of transportation? if so I love it! but people would need to look more acustomed to hanging from tentacles home. it looks dangerous the way they do it.. Also the other aliens are maybe too small, I missed them for a while before I noticed them there.. but that could be just me

Anyway I like the result a lot! Cheeers!! !!

04 April 2008
haha...nice concept and great image. I like this kind of interaction. The humans seems to geting some kind of ride, it looks to me like a transportation system.

04 April 2008
Thumbs up

Karyn - Thanks for watching

David - Thanks very much, yes I think I prefer an 'unreal' type of twist to the interaction

Gerardo
- That's a really good idea! and it will work into the line of the composition perfectly. I will more than likely try that out at some point. Thanks!

Marco
- Thanks very much, I'm quite pleased I managed to do them out of my head which hopefully gives them a more alien quality

Dimitrij
- That's exactly what they're doing! I just think that it's quite typical of human beings to exploit something like this for their own amusement! Thanks for the feedback

David
- Thanks very much, There's not much going to happen now, perhaps one more figure and a few more ground life forms.

Gabriel - I guess they're joyriding and yes in typical human fashion these guys are risking their lifes for the mere thrill of it Thanks for the feedback on the smaller lifeforms too I'll see if I can make them standout a little more when I'm refining. Thanks again I appreciate it

Asparuh - Yes they're taking advantage of a phenomena of this planet and in typical human fashion are exploiting it to the max! Thanks for looking

04 April 2008
awesome work Bill, it gets better and better .... good luck

04 April 2008
yay ace. it's like some kind of extreme sport ! gas bug dangling! where do i sign up ? great work man.

A

04 April 2008
Talking

nice work so far mate I like the idea too it is so unique keep going

04 April 2008
Bill, It is coming along very nicely since I last looked. I really like how your composition flows and your sense of humor is spot on for me! Excellent! I'm looking forward to your future installments

04 April 2008
Very nice Pearlyking. It's comin' along nicely. May I suggest, you can better size the 'stars' on the ground to create a better feel of depth. The star in the lowest right might be even bigger?

04 April 2008
I think the issue I see right now is that your most saturated colours are in the background, and your foreground is too greyed out. For a better sense of depth maybe you could try reversing that.

04 April 2008
Thumbs up

Yusuf - Thanks v much

Alwyn - lol, thanks man!

Antone - Thankyou!

Anthony - Thanks very much, it's almost done now so there might only be a couple more installments.

Drew
- Thanks, I've enlarged that star by about 50% for my next update. Good call!

Kevin - I kinda agree, I actually saturated the front rocks on my last painting session to give the path more of a leading in motion. Hopefully you're see that on my next update. Thanks for the suggestion.

04 April 2008
hah they sort of remind me of people trying to keep hold of a runaway hot air balloon and not having any luck. Excellent concept.

04 April 2008
Work In Progress: Gas Riders

Here's the background story : They say the cloud bugs of Ross 154 excrete a potent hallucinogen if you stimulated their tentacles for any prolonged amount of time. I guess that's why gas-riders have the highest mortality rate in the 'extreme' sports groups.

Stage 11, OK so I've saturated the front a little, refined the rocks a bit more and tidied up the humans. I added a little guy on the rock and enlarged the star life-form at the front. I also up'd the saturation and lightness by about 9% for the whole image (see if that works). At this stage I'm not sure there's anything more I can do without over working it. So I'll take a rest and call it 'finished for now'. Thanks as ever for looking - viewing size is larger this time!

04 April 2008
Hey! This is getting better and better! And sooo funny!! I love the guy who stands on the cliff ready to catch the tentacle LOL...

The change in saturation (foreground - background) was also a very good tip, and it looks great now.

Thanks for the fun, mate!

Dimitrij.

Uplift Universe

Gnothi seauton

Thread Closed share thread