Uplift Universe - Image Entry: Bill Corbett

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2008   #31
Smile

Looks nice . clouds are hard!.

I guess you are leaving the alien-human relationship for last!

waiting for more>!

SECRET AGENT

UPLIFT

STEAMPUNK

Personal portfolio HERE

Old 04 April 2008   #32
Bill, It looks awesome. Keep it coming!

Old 04 April 2008   #33
Remember that clouds have depth as well. You want to make those clouds feel like they are going back into space. So painting some clouds closer with a bit more contrast from the ones that are way way back in background, that have little contrast. Here is another thing you want to consider as well. It is totally fine to paint the forground a little more saturated as well as the sky color. Go look outside for a minute and really study your surroundings. Look straight up then look straight foward. You will see the transition of color in the sky. More saturation more contrast to less saturation to less contrast. Look at clouds when the sun is setting. You will see that they are more red than the top of the clouds. Pull that look off. It just takes referencing things and seeing how it really works then applying what you've seen into your painting or drawing. Looks better though, more unified. Bounce some of the blue hues into the rocks. Do it subtly though, or better use descretion when adding the blue into those rocks. This will give it a bit more realism.

Old 04 April 2008   #34
I love the amount of detail you have put into the clouds and rock. It is looking great! You got any ideas for the subject yet?

Old 04 April 2008   #35
Thumbs up

• Thanks Daniel, clouds are hard especially without references! Yes the figures will go in last but I'll probally make a few concept sketches of how they'll look.
  • Many thanks Anthony!
  • Hi Bryce, I really appreciate the advice you're giving and I'm taking it all on board, hopefully you'll see the results of this in the finished article - thanks!
  • Hey Andy! Yes I think I have the right idea for this scene now, so I'll probally sketch out the alien I intend using very soon.

Old 04 April 2008   #36
This landscape is truely stunning! I look forward to seeing where this goes. Best of luck!!!

Old 04 April 2008   #37
Work In Progress: Lifted 7

Stage 7. Ok so I've worked the rocks on both sides and added some colourful lifeforms to brighten the place up a bit. I also added a couple of rocket trail cloud formations with a bit more colour.I was hoping this might give the background a little more depth (not sure if this works at the moment). I 've also added a little work at the top of the picture. I've got a story ready now and an idea for human alien relations. So I'll work on this now that I've got the stage almost ready! Thanks for watching!!

Old 04 April 2008   #38
Smile

Thankyou so much Kenneth, it is very much appreciated

Old 04 April 2008   #39
It's amazing what a few life forms can do to a landscape! They look really good. I like what you've done to those rocks too

Old 04 April 2008   #40
Wow! I like the way this is developing. Very cool style too. So have you thought about what'll happen in the foreground yet?

Good luck!

Dimitrij.

Uplift Universe

Gnothi seauton

Old 04 April 2008   #41
  • Thanks Mark, I tried them out and liked them so I guess they stay The rocks I'd say are about 90% done now
  • Hi Dimitrij, yes I will post a little concept sketch and work I've been doing later. Thanks for dropping by

Old 04 April 2008   #42
Very dramatic lighting! I love the towering cloud formations and the planet/moon.

Old 04 April 2008   #43
you are still keeping us in the dark about what the alien and humans are gonna look like and all that! Get very curious now. The little plant things really look good against that rock. The rocks look great by the way!

Old 04 April 2008   #44
Excellent colour and composition. Love the style, reminds me of the old 70's science fiction paintings. Looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

Uplift CG Challenge

Old 04 April 2008   #45
Wow, you've done a great job with this. You're really capturing the alien environment perfectly.

Matt

Thread Closed share thread